Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   2/4 Check-up Flopping the Nuts and not even considering FPS lines (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=222695)

Chris Dow 03-30-2005 07:02 AM

2/4 Check-up Flopping the Nuts and not even considering FPS lines

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (7.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 9.50 BB

Anyone even suggest thinking about another line here?

einbert 03-30-2005 07:06 AM

Re: 2/4 Check-up Flopping the Nuts and not even considering FPS lines

I would raise preflop. I would bet the flop too, why go for the checkraise when noone might even bet?

After that it's all elementary.

DeeJ 03-30-2005 07:09 AM

Looks fine to me. You will get raised @ river if he hits a runner runner flush, what do you do then .. call or fold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Chris Dow 03-30-2005 07:13 AM

I have the Kc in my hand, if he has the actc or acjc he gets an extra bet. Raise preflop seems completely unnecessary and I would argue bad. It is not for value vs this EP limper. His hand is better than mine and I have no fold equity and I'm oop.

einbert 03-30-2005 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have the Kc in my hand, if he has the actc or acjc he gets an extra bet. Raise preflop seems completely unnecessary and I would argue bad. It is not for value vs this EP limper. His hand is better than mine and I have no fold equity and I'm oop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had said he was a tight limper that would make a difference. I assumed an unknown since you gave no reads. Against an unknown openlimping UTG+1 I am raising this every time.

03-30-2005 07:17 AM

raise that flop

raise that preflop

raise yourself on the turn. you have the nuts

Chris Dow 03-30-2005 07:19 AM

Is that good though einbert? What are you accomplishing. Ok, force out the bb. (maybe) Build a pot. (Ok?) Start teaching him preflop that you have a big hand so that he will fold on the flop? (This seems like the most valid reason to me) Just exploring the thought process of the pf raise here. I was very comfortable calling. It also appears as if my deception collected me a lot of extra bets. Any considerations to the value of that when deciding between call and raise preflop?

03-30-2005 07:20 AM

get it headsup and increase your chances of taking it down

Chris Dow 03-30-2005 07:22 AM

I assume we are all in agreement that the pf raise is far from guaranteed to get it hu. Does it really increase your chances of taking it down? Can you estimate by how much?

03-30-2005 07:24 AM

that's hard to estimate. 3 handed though you probably have the best hand

besides, you flopped the nuts