Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 04:42 PM

Default Re: A Pokerbot has finally arrived.

x,

you have complete control over the exact hands you want to play preflop. again for the 10th time you have to visit the hand dialog and select the specific hands you want to always play preflop. we cannot possibly select a hand list that will satisfy everyone.

look on the winholdem options menu / hand dialog

winholdem support
Old 02-09-2004, 04:47 PM

Default Re: To WinHoldemSupport

gir,

[ QUOTE ]

I don't understand.
Why would any team of nine (even if it was possiblle to assemble a team of nine) all sit at the same table?
It is absurd, they would only be able to win from a single player and would have to split the winnings nine ways. How much could they possibly make? Suppose, with their powers, if they are very good and the tenth player is very loose, they could make the sucker pay them at 9BB/hr on average. That is still only 1BB/hr for each team member. They would be much better off not sitting all at the same table. Moreover, no matter how good the bot is, it will not be able to combat a team of nine knowlegeable players, except by folding everything and making it not worth their while to team against it. Marketing a bot that could successfully compete with a team of nine is absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

very excellent observation here. the casual user believes that if two or more people are sharing at the same table, they somehow have an enormous advantage over the other players ... there is only a single reality in poker ....

"there is no substitute for good cards."

winholdem support.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:50 PM

Default A challenge

I propose the following:

Your software is flawed.

The reasoning:

There is no situation in limit holdem where it is correct to fold AA preflop (based solely on pot odds).

The challenge:

Prove to me that there is (at least) one situation in limit holdem where folding AA preflop is correct, based solely on pot odds, not on the knowledge of any other cards.

If you succeed, I will download and buy your program.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:58 PM

Default Mat..Please delete this entire thread.

Mat,

Please delete this.

This cretin has used this site to attempt to sell his product.

To make matters worse people now fear playing online as a result of this contraption.

Please.....get rid of this...

Old 02-09-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Collusion information

husk,

as you sit on your moral high horse there, maybe you can instruct all of us as to where we can play the classic form of poker on the internet in a safe 100% collusion free game.

we are all ears, please teach us oh wise one.

winholdem support.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:11 PM

Default Re: A challenge

pud,

the software is not flawed in the least. winholdem is completely programmable by the enduser. you have complete control over your playable hands via the hand dialog. you also have total control over how your bot plays poker via the formula editor.

with just 4 mouse clicks you can add AA to your call/rais/alli lists.

it seems that you are upset because winholdem has empty hand lists as the default setting; the purpose of this is to get you to take ownership of your bot and set it up the way you want ... and not the way we or anybody else wants.

i'll answer your question by saying that nearly 100% of us here have AA in all 3 primary hand lists; this should be some indication of how we personally think AA should be played;

one of our lab testers runs with all the default settings (empty hand lists) for the purpose of collecting large amounts of data for the default settings.

hope we answered your question.

winholdem support.

Old 02-09-2004, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Collusion information

[ QUOTE ]
husk,

as you sit on your moral high horse there, maybe you can instruct all of us as to where we can play the classic form of poker on the internet in a safe 100% collusion free game.

we are all ears, please teach us oh wise one.

winholdem support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit calling it "classic poker", implying that online is a wholly different game, with different rules and conventions. It's not - they're both just "poker".

If you feel you must differentiate between poker and your cheating version, why not call yours "bastard poker"
Old 02-09-2004, 05:26 PM

I don't care how the bot is set up since I'll never use it.

You are the one who is claiming that your bot "plays perfect pot odds poker" AND that "there are times where AA should be folded preflop according to pot odds"

I claim that AA should never be folded preflop. So I am challenging you to prove that there is at least one situation where it is correct to fold AA preflop. In limit holdem. Strictly according to pot odds.

If you can prove it, then I am wrong, and I will buy your product. If you cannot prove it, then either your software is flawed, or your bot does not play "perfect pot odds poker".

I await the proof (although I won't hold my breath)
Old 02-09-2004, 07:19 PM

He can't prove it because he's wrong and he knows it. He's been shooting off his mouth about how perfect his bot plays but the truth is it's weak at best.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Mat..Please delete this entire thread.

Matt,
Please censor any post that MG in NJ disagree's with. I think this bot thing is cheating pure and simple. But come on MG, if you don't like what other's are saying then stop reading their posts!
Closed Thread