Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2004, 07:26 PM

Default Re: Hasty math.

I agree. Unless someone has a Q, his implied odds are not good here. Also, someone could have a set, or the J may make them a set, in which case the implied odds get worse since they have a big redraw. I would fold, partially because of the player left to act behind me.

~Magic_Man
Old 06-22-2004, 08:00 PM

Everyone is way off. The more i think about this the more i think it's a very easy call.

WORST case it gets capped on the flop, giving you 21:3 meaning you have to pick up ~5BBs on the following <font color="red"> two</font> streets (no redraw screaming, at worst he has a 3:1 redraw) AND you have 3 players in to do that with! If everyone(likely, they are getting 13:1) just checkcalls (unlikely) untill the end of the hand you just made a profit.

Likely case is it doesn't get capped and you just called with 18:2 and you only need to get 2bbs in over the next two streets with 3 other players in<font color="red">!</font> That case will have a HUGE overlay and easily make up for the times it gets capped and something utterly freak happens on the turn.

More on the overlay. To confirm why this is a call, when it gets capped you may be short of the BBs you need to get in, however if you are short it's very close. Yet when it doesn't get capped you can very easily get a lot more than the needed BBs in, so that one isn't close.

The only tough part is because of your position relative to the action is going to make it tough to get the money in on the following streets.

Yep, i vote easy call.
Old 06-22-2004, 09:07 PM

In a game where if you hit, any Queen will cap it on the turn and river and any two pair will call all the way (and some one pair hands will call too!), this is a clear call. In a tougher game, it's closer.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:36 PM

and i reflect on this and learn more today.

-Barron