Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2003, 06:54 PM

Default Re: 100k in 100 days

I think it's a great idea and a great goal. What fun are goals if they aren't a real challenge to achieve?

Is Day 1 Oct. 15? Maybe I'll join you and we can have a race. I'm playing 2-3 hours/day, so I guess I'll have to step that up. Maybe I'll play 4 hours/day and call it a tie if I get to 50k. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2003, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So that's 3 tables at, 8/16, 12 hours a day at the top of your game every hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I imagine soda wouldn't be embarking on this quest if he wasn't confident in his ability to beat higher limits than 8/16.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:53 PM

Default Does writing increase your long term EV?

Someone said that Soda would be wasting his time by writing all of this down, but I speculate that by writing these things down he will, consciously or not, achieve the following:

Decrease chances of going on tilt, by reflecting on his play from day to day.

Be able to look back and see where he made mistakes

Take the time to KEEP studying his game, regardless of whether not he is one of the best players on the site, which not all "experts" do if they are already crushing the game.

I think that his attempts to write down his emotions will serve as an excellent regulator for someone who plans on playing 12 hours a day. It is similar to how people improve by posting their hands on 2+2, and since he is clearly a great, thinking player, he will be able to analyze his own play on a day to day basis. Regardless of whether or not he makes his 100k in 100 days, I think that journaling and reflecting in this way will be very +EV for him in the future.
-James
Old 10-29-2003, 08:20 PM

If you really want to convince the skeptics (and also vastly increase your book sales), I would suggest you log every hand you play with a third party who can verify your winnings and verify that the hands were played in consecutive blocks (so that you can't just save up a set of hands that shows you 100k ahead). All this 3rd party has to do is enter the hands into one of the hand tracker programs to verify your results.

But back to the other point. Mason has written about games going bust because a few good players won at too high a rate. $1000 a day seems enough to put a game or even a site at risk. Maybe you'll get banned after your 100 days!

Good luck,

Paul
Old 10-29-2003, 08:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

But back to the other point. Mason has written about games going bust because a few good players won at too high a rate. $1000 a day seems enough to put a game or even a site at risk. Maybe you'll get banned after your 100 days!

Good luck,

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty funny. I think Party Poker is pretty safe. Especially considering my games have generated over $45,000 in rake over the last two weeks. And I've only won 17k myself against over 1500 opponents.

I bet those numbers put things in perspective. Boy, I wish I owned an Internet Poker Site!
Old 10-29-2003, 09:45 PM

guys! I will like to join the race too! But i need hadicapping! if i make $2K i am winner!

and if i lose $2K i will call it quits [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

just kidding, i am still far behind you guys. But i have faith in you two.

just don't forget us 2+2ers and keep us updated!

Kenny
Old 10-30-2003, 02:12 AM

Hmmm, interesting, but I don't see the point really. I'd be taking on even more pressure and you'd have it easier by only needing to make half of what I make.

Some days I do play for 10 hours, but there are also days that I play just 2 or 3. I do, sometimes, have to deal with real life. And with some of these days falling on holidays, I'll have days where I can't play at all. BUT, I'm going to try and deal with these obstacles and make that 100k in 100 days.

Day 1 was the 16th.

soda
Old 10-30-2003, 02:35 AM

It's impossible for me to log all the hands with hand histories, they are just too unreliable. I don't receive close to 10% of them. Outages and such.

I can, however take screenshots of my cashier's history. This should prove sufficient I would think.

Oh, and I'll take pictures of the house I buy for the real skeptics.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

soda
Old 10-30-2003, 03:59 AM

This is interesting and amazing to me for several reasons:

A) I'm unemployed and have rededicated myself to the game since it's the one thing I have at the moment.

B) My win rate is 24.54BB/hr according to Poker Tracker and this pace seems to be one I'm able to sustain. It's actually slightly worse than I do against Bob Wilson's TTHE set at the toughest settings for the game I play (6 handed and under).

C) I've been playing only 2-3 hours per day and making the equivelant of about $36,000/yr at the 1-2 game... and was afraid of being labeled as a 'pro' if I kept it up over time. Apparently I'm not anywhere near big enough to show on their radar!!

I didn't choose poker as a career... but at the moment I don't have a lot of other options except for some possibilities to be a partner in a business that will need me to cover some of the costs. Where will that money have to come from? Poker.

Also, I knew a stockbroker who worked the penny stocks. He was totally honest with his clients that he was selling them a total gamble and they liked that honesty... and so he sold a ton of stock and no one was ever mad at him if it didn't pan out. He came in at ten and left at 2, working only 4 hours per day, and he was top producer. He said that if you can pick money from the money tree, then it frees you to enjoy life.

There's a lesson there. You don't want to become a slave to getting rich, but rather use the money tree to allow you to be able to do all the other things in life that you want to do. If I could pull down $100k per year by playing 6 handed at 5-10 for 2 days per week, then I'd be doing all those things I always wanted to but never could! ***Don't wait until you're almost 40, as I have,. to figure this out.***

My goal... to be able to make $100k/yr from poker so I can be a partner in an adult website and buy a nice house. Then I have what I want, am working with gorgeous women all the time and can pick money from the money tree as needed.

Isn't that the way it should be? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Vorlin
Old 10-30-2003, 04:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
B) My win rate is 24.54BB/hr according to Poker Tracker and this pace seems to be one I'm able to sustain.

C) I've been playing only 2-3 hours per day and making the equivelant of about $36,000/yr at the 1-2 game...

[/ QUOTE ]

So, about $50/hr playing 1-2. Good luck.

[ QUOTE ]
If I could pull down $100k per year by playing 6 handed at 5-10 for 2 days per week

[/ QUOTE ]

That's $1000/day or $125/hr for an 8 hour day. Even playing 3 tables at once, that's $40/table-hr. This is a very tough, probably unrealistic, goal to achieve. Of course, if you can really make $50/hr at 1-2, this might be trivial for you.