Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2003, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Incase anyone still cares .. Pokerstars 20% bonus on next deposit

Everyone always mentions how well the players play on PokerStars, does this also apply to the micro-limits?

I'm considering chasing the PokerStars bonus, but I've heard the play is very tough on the site. Are the players tough even at the $1-2 level?

Is $1-2 the lowest limit offered on PokerStars?

Thanks in advance for the replies!!

Jeff
Old 08-06-2003, 09:47 AM

I don't know if this has been posted but I have never played before at Pokerstars and wanted to know if I could get the bonus. I could. Here is their response:

"This bonus is available to all players, including new players that sign up
and deposit before midnight (Eastern Time) Sunday. If you will be using
NETeller to deposit and are unable to meet the deadline due to the delay
when moving funds from your bank to NETeller, the deadline will be extended
on request.

Thanks for your interest in PokerStars. Let us know if you have further
questions."
Old 08-06-2003, 10:22 AM

PokerStars offers games as low as .01/.02 . They also have .05/.10 limit games too. Those games wont get you the bonus though because they are not big enough for a rake. The fpp is based on raked hands played.

I have now played 813 hands since the 3rd and have accumulated 241 fpp at the $1/$2 level. In addition, I am up $103 in the process. I have played tight. Again last night the table was mostly between 25%-35% flop but not overly aggressive. My flop percent the last two nights has been 21% and 19% respectively (including the blinds). For some reason it has been easier at PokerStars this week from what I remember. Maybe the promotion attracts fish ???
Old 08-07-2003, 12:53 PM

Thanks for the reply...

Do they have $.50-1 tables? If so, can u earn the FPP on them?

Also, can u play multiple tables at once? That's what I did last night on Empire, and I cleared the 500 hands in one night...

let me know...

Jeff
Old 08-07-2003, 01:36 PM

Default Cleared my bonus

Well I cleared my bonus and made a couple hundred too.

If you play 5-10 and up the games have improved significantly from a few months ago.
There have been multiple 5-10 games going with pots around $70 with flop % 30% and up.
The 3-6 games seem to be better too.

So if you like the site but are relunctant because of the high calibre of players it is worth taking another look before this bonus runs out.

Good Luck, Instinct
Old 08-07-2003, 02:05 PM

They lower limit tables I mentioned before don't accumulate fpp. They are more just for fun when bored. I play mostly limit hold em unless entered into a tournament. For this reason, see below for what they have and what it takes to earn 1 fpp at each level:

.01-.02 1 fpp earned for a $10 pot (never happens)
.05-.10 1 fpp earned for a $10 pot (never happens)
.25-.50 1 fpp earned for a $10 pot
.50-$1 1 fpp earned for a $10 pot
$1-$2 1 fpp earned for a $15 pot
$2-$4 (and higher) 1 fpp earned for a $20 pot

accourding to the website, pot limit and no limit games require a $1 rake to earn 1 fpp regardless of the limits. This means a $20 pot is required for all pot limit and no limit games for 1 fpp.

By looking at the chart, if you are only after the bonus it makes more sense to play the .50-$1 level then it does to play the .25-.50 level. Both require a $10 pot to get 1 fpp. As I stated earlier, I got the bonus playing the $1-$2 table. It worked out to be roughly 1 fpp every 3 or 4 hands. If you play higher limits then it will be even faster.

I hope this helps. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
Old 08-07-2003, 04:15 PM

I sent an email to support to ask about this issue and this is the response I received;

"Hello,

You are free to cash out your deposit at any time (after 48 hours as that
is how long it takes deposits to settle), but you will not receive your
bonus until you receive a number of FPP equivalent to the amount of your
deposit. For example should you make a $400 deposit you will receive an
$80 bonus once you earn 400 FPP.

Regards,

Terrence
PokerStars Support Supervisor"

So there you have your answer.
Old 08-07-2003, 10:57 PM

exactly....so if i want to deposit the full $600...and then withdraw $500 of it the next day (or the day after that i guess) and just clear the bonus with my remaining $100 (assuming I don't go cold) then i am more than allowed to try.

all they ask is that you make a $600 deposit (to receive the full $120 bonus)....they don't require you to leave it there. thanks for clearing up this issue.

in fact, if you want to withdraw all of it the next day (kets say you need the money) then you can do that and go after the FPP requirement at a later date....the bonus will still be waiting for you. as far as i know, you have an indefinate amount of time to clear the bonus.....
note - indefinate may now be defined as how ever long it takes our esteemed reps to make this intellectual activity and the pursuit of this "free-money" illegal.

i do believe that other sites
don't allow you to withdraw until after the requirements for the bonus are met....but stars seems to be very lenient on this issue.
Old 08-08-2003, 03:40 AM

in fact, if you want to withdraw all of it the next day (kets say you need the money) then you can do that and go after the FPP requirement at a later date....the bonus will still be waiting for you. as far as i know, you have an indefinate amount of time to clear the bonus.....
note - indefinate may now be defined as how ever long it takes our esteemed reps to make this intellectual activity and the pursuit of this "free-money" illegal.

Do I get this right? If I deposit $600 on stars and I withdraw it right away, I still have my bonus pending? This means I can do this every time they have a bonuse running. After awhile I'll have alot of pending bonuses and I can take my time trying to clear it? everyone knows I don't like it there. But I could try this. And I can deposit $50 every once and awhile to play sit & go's. After a year or two I'll have the bonus cleared [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2003, 04:09 AM

well, as i said...it's as far as i know.
i have not been able to find any stipulations that the FPP requirements need to be cleared within a month or year or anything like that.
additionally, they make it a point in the rules that if you still need FPP's from a previous promotion then you don't start earning them on the current promotion until the previous one is cleared. in other words, you clear your bonuses in order.

you may want to contact Stars to be certain before going for it. additionally, i would leave some money in there...if you constantly deposit and then withdraw it all on every one of their bonuses, then they may consider it to be abuse of their generosity and they have the right to deny you the bonus the next time around.