Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: 55 Hand vs A DANE

[ QUOTE ]
How low do people go with openraising PPs UTG+1 6-max?

[/ QUOTE ]

Most people do 55-77. I think 55 and 66 are the most common cutoffs.

As to the hand, I think you need to bet this flop because you can pick up the pot enough of the time. Also, he will bet this a very high % of the time and you will have to release if you check.

However, after he c/r you, you should fold. A flush or straight draw with overs are both favorites over you. A pair is a very large favorite. Almost any card in the deck thats a heart or over 5 is a scare card.

Seeing how you got to the turn, I think a free showdown raise is good here. You can fold a pair sometimes and charge draws more. The J is a good card for you here. After the river donk however, I think you need to fold.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:13 PM

All I can think is...get the hell out on the turn (if not the flop)
Old 11-04-2005, 03:04 PM

Clear river fold.

I certainly dont raise the turn as you did. You're either ahead because he's drawing or you're way behind. In no case does he fold his hand. If you think you're ahead, I would just call him down.

However, that said, I probably fold the flop checkraise against straightforward players, since calling him down is a pretty lame option given the number of times you're going to be doing so drawing thin and/or he will out draw you by the river.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This maybe boring for a lot of ppl...but if u check the flop are u just folding to a turn bet in this small pot or raising or calling?

Just curious what others do, I know what I do.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was wondering.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:16 PM

As it turns out, I've got huge problems. Even if he's on a draw, it's very likely he's got two overs and at least one strong draw. In this hand he happened to have Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], probably one of the worst drawing hands vs me. My equity on the flop is about 33%. My equity vs his hand range is 10% or so once he checkraises the flop. I think if I check the flop I might as well give up on the hand, but when I bet flop at least I can fold cleanly, I just vomit all over myself if I check and he bets. My other problems are that I can't value bluff the river if I raise the turn, and even if he blanks on the turn with his large draws, a rivered 7 is still going to beat me. Calldown's too expensive if he just won't fold his junk on the flop.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:22 PM

I give it up on the flop...but i wouldn't continuation-bet, I'd take the free card and pray for a 5 and then a board-pairing heart so I can take him to the cleaners. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I think this hand is really spewing. I'm glad you looked into the type of equity you have when you are "ahead" (Hint: when your hand is best it's not ahead).

Surf
Old 11-04-2005, 07:48 PM

I think brazilio needs to bet the flop before giving up, mb im retarded cause I cant really think of a situation where I dont think he should bet the flop here.

And why is it Im straightforward all of the sudden?
Old 11-04-2005, 08:03 PM

Sorry, I didn't mean you're straightforward, I meant you're a FISH
Old 11-04-2005, 08:06 PM

Cahones!

FOLD THE FLOP <font color="white"> </font>
Old 11-04-2005, 08:07 PM

dodgy