Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   55 Hand vs A DANE (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371368)

brazilio 11-03-2005 08:44 PM

55 Hand vs A DANE

He ate some pastries immediately after this one. He and I play frequently together at sh tables. He's done a couple of wacky plays. I have a problem tilting at this specific site because the software is goofy and I misclick frequently, so I'm sure he's aware that I occasionally go apeshit. This specific table was playing a bit tighter than usual, so my marginal 55 raise was probably ok, although questionable. He's a good TAG, I have a few hundred hands on him. I've seen very few questionable plays, a few loose calls and a couple of goofs, some AK UI calldowns that I may have not done. In general he's good.

6-max, Hero is UTG+1 with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
The Dane is in the BB

1 fold, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, SB folds, BB calls.

2 to the flop for 4 SB
9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

2 to the turn for 4 BB

J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

<font color="red">BB bets</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

2 to the river for 8 BB
6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">BB bets</font>, Hero...

My first judgement here (in retrospect) is that the river is a clear fold. I'd like some responses, because I don't know how marginally good or bad the whole hand is. Don't post anything if it's going to be exclusively preflop.

kurosh 11-03-2005 08:46 PM

Re: 55 Hand vs A DANE

I fold pf... then I fold the flop... then I fold the turn and then I fold the river.

The thing is, even if he's semi-bluffing, he has a ton of outs against you.

brazilio 11-03-2005 08:49 PM

thx [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

gildwulf 11-03-2005 08:52 PM

This entire hand looks like tilt to me. This is a terrible flop to bluff at because it's likely to hit almost any hand that a TAG is willing to play. If you feel the need to bluff on a flop like this, don't. The turn is terrible...he is showing obvious strength and it's a clear fold. The river is also a fold. This is not marginally bad and the decisions are not close...

peace,
zach

baronzeus 11-03-2005 08:59 PM

STOP TRYING TO PLAY LIKE ME!!!

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

brazilio 11-03-2005 09:00 PM

Where are you baronpoop, jason_t's gone to vegas so he can go [censored] some 13 year old herpes vectors again.

baronzeus 11-03-2005 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where are you baronpoop, jason_t's gone to vegas so he can go [censored] some 13 year old herpes vectors again.

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean where am i? im not in vegas thats for sure.

brazilio 11-03-2005 09:02 PM

sstakes

baronzeus 11-03-2005 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sstakes

[/ QUOTE ]

i decided i wasnt getting enough out of it to make up for all the annoying things i had to deal with from some of the regulars. besides that ive got a lot of school stuff too.

cookie 11-03-2005 10:46 PM

I was the dane.

Lets say I had Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

How did I play it?