Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Re: Been a while

[ QUOTE ]
It looks to me like I would like to see him fold any non-pocket pair, any Q, any K, and any gutshot. Where am I going wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Seems to me you are right, except maybe a lone K or Q that hardly have the odds to call. I think just calling flop and letting SB stay for cheap is bad in a 5BB pot.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:27 AM

I think it's very close between checking and bet/folding. I'm not too comfortable bet/folding on a table that you classified as "generally passive". Passive preflop LRR's aren't monster hands as often as with TAGs or LAGs, so this is a tricky situation. If your table read is correct, I'd tend to agree with ALL1N when he said that CO won't back up on the flop with a big hand after LRRing pre. His LRR may mean TT, 99, Ax, whatever. Let's fire again and see what happens.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:28 AM

Raising the river UI completely defeats the purpose of checking the turn.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:34 AM

i think this is a pretty good spot to check behind and call a river bet
Old 10-26-2005, 09:38 AM

I'd check this and put in one on the river.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Seems to me you are right.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt it. I am sure ALL1N has an awfully good reason, I am just evidently incapable of seeing it on my own.

Cartman
Old 10-26-2005, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Seems to me you are right.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I seriously doubt it. I am sure ALL1N has an awfully good reason, I am just evidently incapable of seeing it on my own.

[/ QUOTE ]

I certainly respect ALL1Nīs opinion very much. But I canīt see how checking flop is good here either. On my own that is...

Edit: Maybe I do. The only hand you want SB to fold is a gutshot or one pair other than a J. 56 is a very unlikely hand as is a hand with a 2 or 3 other than maybe A2,3s. A4 and A5 you probably want him to call with anyway as you might be payed off if another A comes. And another J you want him to call with. And a K or Q doesnt really have odds either. Ok... I think I got it. Calling flop might be good.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Maybe I do. The only hand you want SB to fold is a gutshot or one pair other than a J. 56 is a very unlikely hand as is a hand with a 2 or 3 other than maybe A2,3s. A4 and A5 you probably want him to call with anyway as you might be payed off if another A comes. And another J you want him to call with. And a K or Q doesnt really have odds either. Ok... I think I got it. Calling flop might be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with a lot of this. I don't see why I want him to call with any hand with 3 or more outs getting an immediate 12 to 1.

Cartman
Old 10-26-2005, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Heads up I would understand this, but why isn't raising to drive out SB correct here?

If you just call the flop, what is your turn line if the turn is a blank, both if SB folded the flop and if he called?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am with total agreement here.

I think the turn is close but will bet the turn and cring and make notes for next time.More and more of this rerasing with stupid hands seems to be going on. Yesterday it cost me 2 BB because I was afraid of somebody who limp rr with Q8s and played the hands as if he had AA. I have also seen this with mid pairs frequntly.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:46 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

if you're behind this guy there's a good chance that you only have 2 or 3 outs. on the other hand I really feel like there's a good chance you're behind. so I'm really torn between checking behind and betting. my first instinct was to check behind, but I think ALL1N's right about you never getting bluff check-raised here.