Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 03:07 PM

Default Re: The Worst Heads Up Sin?

The worst HU sin is thinking that if something is a sin against player X, it's also necessarily a sin against player Y.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:09 PM

eastbay,

you will call? what if he has a better hand than you? That's just it, there is value in position and he can put you to the test on the end. On a lighter note, its almost here again:

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-tour...nt.php?tid=197

Indy
Old 10-25-2005, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Building a pot out of position with a decent but vunerable hand. Example: I have K9, no raise before flop and opponent is aggressive. Flop is Q92 rainbow. Dont build a pot because you will be raised on the end.

Thoughts? Other sins?

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't get your point either. If he's raising you on the end simply because he's an "aggressive" player, like you said, then if you fold your decent but vulnerable hand (btw, the fact that it's vulnerable has nothing to do with your river play) and are afraid to build a pot because of his "expected raise" on the end, then you are simply getting outplayed.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Worst Heads Up Sin = Folding too much

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-25-2005, 03:20 PM

If I "KNOW" that he is going to raise as a bluff then sure I agree. If I am a better player though, I dont want to call off my stack on the end with 3rd high pair when he could have me beat. Lots of opponents will bluff here on the end. Lots of them. And you wont know if you are beat or not until it the money goes in.

Indy
Old 10-25-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I "KNOW" that he is going to raise as a bluff then sure I agree. If I am a better player though, I dont want to call off my stack on the end with 3rd high pair when he could have me beat. Lots of opponents will bluff here on the end. Lots of them. And you wont know if you are beat or not until it the money goes in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but you are getting outplayed by a big margin if this is your thinking vs. this "particular" player.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:22 PM

A nice alternative here is to check call by the way.
You could, perhaps, begin building a small pot on the turn but if you have been betting flop, turn, and river with higher cards coming down then any idiot can figure that you are a little weak and push u off the hand.
Indy
Old 10-25-2005, 03:24 PM

Believe me when I say this, I'm speaking from literally hundreds of hands of experience with this. You will be raised off this hand enough to cost u lots in the long run. Am I alone here? You want me to provide an example and you can tell me what you would do?

Indy
Old 10-25-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Believe me when I say this, I'm speaking from literally hundreds of hands of experience with this. You will be raised off this hand enough to cost u lots in the long run.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are talking about the end of a SnG, I will be raised off this hand pretty much never.

eastbay
Old 10-25-2005, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Believe me when I say this, I'm speaking from literally hundreds of hands of experience with this. You will be raised off this hand enough to cost u lots in the long run. Am I alone here? You want me to provide an example and you can tell me what you would do?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are clearly misunderstanding something here. What exactly will "cost you money"? Folding better hands to bluffs or calling with losers?

Your logic is flawed, because you have just said in a previous post: "Lots of opponents will bluff here on the end. Lots of them. And you wont know if you are beat or not until it the money goes in."

If you are getting bluffed so often, like you say yourself, then clearly the only thing that costs you money is folding your winners (i.e, those "decent hands"). If you succeed in building a pot AND getting bluffed at the end often enough, then obviously it's a very profitable line for you to take.