Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Not using a HUD

[ QUOTE ]
and I find I rarely consult it for postflop play

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is important, use the stats more for preflop and not for postflop, I know Ive made a few mistakes using stats post flop, notes are better for post flop
Old 10-20-2005, 06:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Many posters have said that one of the best ways to improve your HUSH game is to turn off the HUD, and take excellent notes.

[/ QUOTE ]

True. A HUD is not useful to me playing 4 handed or less, which is my prefered number of players. 6 or more its all good in my book.
Old 10-20-2005, 07:45 PM

I can't believe the responses in this thread.

How can extra information possibly be bad??

Just like in poker, you have choices. If you don't feel you have enough hands on someone, you can always choose to avoid using stats for that person, but don't pass up an opportunity to use a tool that is worth its weight in gold. HUDs are the best thing that's ever happened to online poker.

If you keep making wrong decisions or reads based on limited sample sizes it's your fault. If you make wrong decisions on large sample sizes, it's bad luck.

Bottom line.....If you suck at using a HUD, don't blame the HUD, blame yourself.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:20 PM

Default why i\'m not using them...

i haven't been using HUD for two reasons that apply to my immediate short term situation:

1. i really need to work on my reads. once i have learned to understand how other decent players think (besides the average 26/18 2+2 guy)... i'll start using them.

2. i am playing at some small sites which are not supported by PT. i play here because the competetion is very soft... hence a good way to get my feet wet in 10/20.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe the responses in this thread.

How can extra information possibly be bad??

Just like in poker, you have choices. If you don't feel you have enough hands on someone, you can always choose to avoid using stats for that person, but don't pass up an opportunity to use a tool that is worth its weight in gold. HUDs are the best thing that's ever happened to online poker.

If you keep making wrong decisions or reads based on limited sample sizes it's your fault. If you make wrong decisions on large sample sizes, it's bad luck.

Bottom line.....If you suck at using a HUD, don't blame the HUD, blame yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was just about to post something very similiar to the before I saw this post. Maybe mine woulda been a bit less harsh [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2005, 08:25 PM

I don't think anyone's blaming HUDs. I doubt anyone here thinks that because they choose not to use them they suck.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:26 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

[ QUOTE ]
Using a HUD(and PT Notes generator before that) has made me a a [censored] ton of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 10-20-2005, 08:27 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

datamining + HUDs make me ~$100/hr
Old 10-20-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Using a HUD(and PT Notes generator before that) has made me a worse player.

[/ QUOTE ]

why am I seeing so much of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's probably true and it's probably why I never seem to win when I play live. I'm so so so bad at making specific player reads. but I'd rather 8 table and make a lot more
Old 10-20-2005, 08:29 PM

Also there's the concern of whether they're against T & C at some sites. Might not be worth the risk in some people's opinion. I'm sure it's more of an old dog new tricks scenario, though.

Seriously though, read everyone's post carefully.. I don't think one person comes off saying that HUD's are bad... just that they prefer not to use them. Just chillll, man.