Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2005, 06:31 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 30/60, 42s river bluff

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This hand is from about a week ago. I'm at the Bellagio to check up on an investment I made and I decide to play a little 30/60 and drink a few beers. Justin A is with me and is seated directly to my left. I've been playing a few more hands than normal, and playing extra aggressively all night. I'd like to think I was just trying to put myself in a few tougher situations to see if I could play my way through them, though maybe I was just lying to myself and I was just blowing off a little steam. Either way, my image is laggy as all get-out and I'm doing other non +EV activities while playing, including discussing the occassional hand with Justin, telling people I play for a living, and generally not paying too-close of attention to the game.

On to the hand.

EMP and hijack limp. I limp in the CO with 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Justin been known to play a little tight in this 30 game, and he folds on the button as planned. SB completes, and we are 5 to the flop.

Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checks around to me. I bet, one of the first three guys call, and the hijack calls.

*The hijack is a middle-aged dude with a beard and baseball cap. I've seen him in the room before, and he comes off as slightly quiet, but pleasant. Although I haven't played with him for too long and haven't seen too much evidence for or against my assessment, my assessment is that he's pretty decent pro or semi-pro. He just had that way of carrying himself where confidence radiated from him without him having to say a word. I would get to know him a little better as the night wore on, and he is definitely the kind of guy I want at my 30 table. I'll sacrifice a little EV for a pleasant atmosphere. Very observant fellow. Anywho...

Turn: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checked to hijack, he bets, I call, other guy folds.

River: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Bet, I raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello. I have no real comments on this hand, and I know I'm a nobody on this site and all that, but from the way you spoke in this post I would say you're likely one of the biggest douches of all time. I'm also aware that the people that agree with me (if any) likely won't respond here on this thread and agree with me due to "social suicide" and all that; however, I feel so strongly about your said douchebaggery that I really can't let this thread slide without putting in my opinion. Feel free to ignore it sir, but I recommend you take these words to heart and somehow attempt to lower the amount of douchyness that you have picked up from somewhere. Again, just my humble opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please clarify. I don't see the douchebaggery.

Hell; he could be a douche, but this post doesn't sell me on it.

~D
Old 10-21-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 30/60, 42s river bluff

[ QUOTE ]

Hello. I have no real comments on this hand, and I know I'm a nobody on this site and all that, but from the way you spoke in this post I would say you're likely one of the biggest douches of all time. I'm also aware that the people that agree with me (if any) likely won't respond here on this thread and agree with me due to "social suicide" and all that; however, I feel so strongly about your said douchebaggery that I really can't let this thread slide without putting in my opinion. Feel free to ignore it sir, but I recommend you take these words to heart and somehow attempt to lower the amount of douchyness that you have picked up from somewhere. Again, just my humble opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

You come on here in a strategy post and insult someone who you know nothing about, and then have the nerve to say it's your humble opinion? Do everyone a favor and keep your illogical and unfounded opinions to yourself.