Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2005, 11:51 AM

Default Re: The downswing

As far as the downswing goes, not to belittle your struggles, but that's really nothing. All told, you've dropped about 215 BBs over 4,000 hands--even without holes in your game, this happens. I had a downswing go on so long that I eventually just started another new PT database so I didn't have to look at all those red numbers anymore (and btw, I really think that helped).

Thats mostly what I needed to hear. The other advice I have been given has pointed out the weaker areas of my game and gives me something to work on rather than just waiting for the streak to end. By themselves a 92BB or 127BB swing would not concern me, this has happened plenty of times in the 100k+ hands I have logged, together 220 BB's meant it was time for me to re-evaluate my game, glad I came here.

I think maybe I will play some Nano-Limits to try and get my pre-flop raise to a respectable level. Then work on the SB play.

P.S. At about 2000 hands into the losing streak I exported, then again at 3k. I also did not play until I felt I was in a positive frame of mind.
Old 09-18-2005, 12:37 PM

Default *********OKAY

Apprently my official stats thread is not catching on. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Seriously, I would appreciate it if people pointed people in the direction of the official stats thread earlier.

Thanks
Greg
Old 09-18-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: The downswing

I started out using the SSHE loose charts to a fault, and my PFR was 7.7 over 30K hands at .25/.50 and .50/1. It's been going up steadily since I started raising in late position with otherwise calling hands when there are few or no limpers ahead of me.