Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Mercy call with sedond pair?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Call. So many people bet when checked to with total air that it's ridiculous. I agree with Aaron's sentiments here - you need to be checkraising this flop, not betting into a field of 8.4 billion.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say check-raise. I just said check.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know - I didn't mean to imply that you did. Sorry about that. The check-raise is my preference here, so long as the bet comes from pretty much the CO or button.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:33 PM

preflop is fine. raising is better, but it isn't worth getting worked up about. if it was KJo- different story.

i'm not betting that flop. check/call. i'll probably check/call that turn...maybe. basically if we're behind to a Q, the BEST case senario is noone has KQ or QJ, so at best we have 5 outs and need 9:1. with implied odds, it's borderline, but with the other 2 hands possible, either fold the turn or river isn't a big problem...IMO.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:33 PM

"Butchering" does seem quite fair; as I said, it's a simplication that's merely trying to light up the main idea. It's also a lot easier to critique these presentations than to give them yourself, so if you think you can do better then be my guest.

Lastly, it's been a while since I've played .5/1, but getting 4-6 cold callers after an utg raise was very habitual for me.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Butchering" does seem quite fair; as I said, it's a simplication that's merely trying to light up the main idea. It's also a lot easier to critique these presentations than to give them yourself, so if you think you can do better then be my guest.

Lastly, it's been a while since I've played .5/1, but getting 4-6 cold callers after an utg raise was very habitual for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect you have selective memory. I think you should go through PT and filter out the hands where you raised UTG and start counting your cold-callers. Had you said 2-3, I would have believed you.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:45 PM

What's wrong with encouraging limpers with a hand that does well multi-way?
Old 09-06-2005, 02:51 PM

KJs isn't "just" a multiway hand like 76s or 44. It's also a pretty good "top pair" hand.

So if you raise and a bunch of people coldcall, that's fine with you. If you raise and it gets HU, that's fine too. Basically, you're happy no matter how people respond to your raise*, which is one way of showing that a raise is good.

*Unless comes back to you capped. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-06-2005, 03:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, In the past month or so, I'm finding the TYPICAL Party table at .5/1 to be 30% to 35% VP$IP in USA evening hours.

Many tables drift toward 22% to 28%. It is not uncommon to be staying at a table with a VP$IP of 27% to 31% because there are two to three quite poor players. However, you are sharing the wealth with at least one or two 15/5 types and probably one 20/12 type.

Finding FULL RING tables at this limit that are 40% VP$IP or higher is not easy. Finding a game with 3+ known TAGs already seated is easier.

As for cold-calling raises, this comes & goes. Seeing 4-6 cold-calls of an UTG raise is at least equally likely to having only 0-1 callers.

My records show that on PARTY over the past month or so -- skewed to my play which is generally on THU/FRI/SAT/SUN evenings -- that the ASF is 36.39. For Empire the number is 36.42. This number is also skewed to my leaving tables that tighten and/or sitting with a few on my buddylist.

Trying to add helpful addl info.