Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: fish donkbets my flush on the turn...was I correct to raise?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just for the record, I'm loving the flop raise.

-AC

[/ QUOTE ]

That's too bad, because it kinda sucks.

Preflop is fine. Call the flop. Raise the turn.

Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

A flop raise isnt that horrible is it? Theres a good chance button will cold call, and we'll be getting 3:1 on our bet when we have about 33% equity. At worst, button folds, we don't get a free card, and our flop raise was slightly -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

At worst, Button folds, you get 3-bet, UTG+1 folds, you call, and lose everyone else.

"Me have flush draw me raise" is a mantra repeated too often around here, and while overs+flush is often a great draw worthy of raising in a multiway pot, when you've only got one caller and a PFR who bet into 7 people after raising from the SB on a J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] board, 43s ain't too pretty. You're gonna need to hit your flush to win and even then you aren't winning nearly as much as you'd like.

Free card plays are overused on this forum. You need to re-evaluate preflop action, flop action, and the quality of the board before considering plays like this.

Rob
Old 09-01-2005, 01:11 PM

FLOP: I'm not too crazy about your raise on the flop when you've only got two probable callers and you might fold the button. Thankfully the Button cold called, making your raise marginally +EV with such a low flush draw.

TURN: Ya, pop it. SB raised preflop so he's probably got high cards, but what are the chances they're both spades? He might have one high spade- charge him to draw now.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:11 PM

Perfect. That's all I needed to know, Ent.

-AC
Old 09-05-2005, 05:02 AM

NateDog:[ QUOTE ]
SSHE says to play em as low as 54s. 34s isn't much of a stretch from the CO with the whole damn table limping.

[/ QUOTE ]
Buck_65:[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop, the lowest I'd ever go here is 45s. I know 34s is very, very close to that hand, but you could make the argument that 45o is pretty damn close to 45s, so why not run that hand here as well? Soon you'll be playing any 2 with this logic.

[/ QUOTE ]
lautzutao:[ QUOTE ]
Buck, how much better is 54s compared to a 43s? Look, I love SSHE and all, but those guidelines aren't set in stone.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wasn't even lying about 4/3 suited being in SSHE. Check the tables again: In a loose game, in late position, play "Same hands that you would play from middle position plus K8s-K2s, Q8s, J8s, J7s, 87s-43s . . ."

I couldn't hardly believe it myself, but it's there.