Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2005, 08:46 PM

Default \"I think betting the turn was the mistake. \"

"I think betting the turn was the mistake."

this is where the discussion should start imo.

just because someone is a laggro jackass doesnt mean we should miss bets against them and give free cards. and if he has it, he has it. laggros deserve to get paid on their winners once in awhile since they put in so much action with losers. it's why we would rather play against weak tights and loose passives.
Old 08-26-2005, 05:51 AM

Default Re: wasnt really looking to get checkraised here...

25/25 is highly suspect. I don't think I've ever seen this over a significant sample. Over a smaller one (like less than 50 hands) it likely means next to nothing. Aggression factor, additionally, takes much longer even to converge as players make less postflop decisions than preflop ones and there are so many more uncontrolled variables affecting postflop play than preflop play.
In any case, I check the turn.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:05 AM

Well with your gutshot you have to pay it off. I agree with both your turn and river calls. Whether or not you should have bet the turn in the first place is an interesting question. I think it's close.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I'm hard pressed to say a turn check behind is right"

he's aggro. there's no way im checking a pair of jacks there. a pair of jacks is good way too often against a player like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's aggro in PT, which means he does not call as much as he bets, raises, or folds. A free card is not going to hurt you much here, at most he has 8 outs if you are ahead, and probably has 2-4 if you are ahead. This really looks like a way ahead/way behind hand to me, so I would check the turn and call a bet on the river/bet if checked to. Against a passive player I would bet here.

Edit - missed the flush draw that came on the turn, that makes me like your line better.