Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   wasnt really looking to get checkraised here... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=322778)

mike l. 08-25-2005 04:05 PM

wasnt really looking to get checkraised here...

villain sb is 25/25/2.5, cutoff was 33/11

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (11 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

johnnycakes 08-25-2005 04:08 PM

Re: wasnt really looking to get checkraised here...

I think it's most likely right to fold that turn.
You're behind, and if you have odds to call, it's not by much.

Nigel 08-25-2005 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't fold that turn, way too many outs. I think betting the turn was the mistake.

Nigel

slavic 08-25-2005 04:12 PM

The way he played it he can't fold the turn.

I'm hard pressed to say a turn check behind is right, and I'd call the river too.

Uhg, what a hand.

mike l. 08-25-2005 04:20 PM

"I'm hard pressed to say a turn check behind is right"

he's aggro. there's no way im checking a pair of jacks there. a pair of jacks is good way too often against a player like this.

ihardlyknowher 08-25-2005 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
villain sb is 25/25/2.5, cutoff was 33/11

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.

Flop: (11 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this turn is a perfect spot to check because if you are behind you have up to 9 outs and if you are ahead you will induce a call on the river from a hand like TT or 88. Also, you are only worried about one overcard coming on the river, so giving a free card is not that bad.

ihardlyknowher 08-25-2005 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I'm hard pressed to say a turn check behind is right"

he's aggro. there's no way im checking a pair of jacks there. a pair of jacks is good way too often against a player like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

But by betting you are giving him the opportunity to fold a lot of hands that you beat, but will call a river bet if you check. Plus, if you are behind, you have a lot of outs. Getting raised here sucks because you have to call it.

johnnycakes 08-25-2005 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't fold that turn, way too many outs. I think betting the turn was the mistake.

Nigel

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I didn't take into account the SB's aggressiveness.
Against a "normal" opponent, I'd say he's got a set or an over-pair. He did cap out of the small blind.

But I can't recall every playing against a guy who played 25% of his hands and raised/re-raised/capped them pre-flop 100% of the time no matter what. That's what his stats mean, right?

Dazarath 08-25-2005 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But I can't recall every playing against a guy who played 25% of his hands and raised/re-raised/capped them pre-flop 100% of the time no matter what. That's what his stats mean, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I'm wondering as well.

ihardlyknowher 08-25-2005 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe PFR stats only relate to the first raise.