Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 06:03 AM

Default Re: Awkward AKo UB 10/25 NL

[ QUOTE ]
I bet 1/3 pot and dump it if I get played with

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you need to make a move at the pot ASAP so there aren't any more guessing games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah. Classic.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:28 PM

Results?
Old 08-28-2005, 07:50 PM

i think calling is a good move, you have AK in position against a solid player (assuming kinda tight and straight forward about his play, and they are both black, if one was red i would have folded) anyways...he checked the flop to you, you said you played against this player alot, is he capable of trapping in this situation? does he SP big hands and go for a check raise? or does he check when the flop completely misses and is scared of one over card to his High to mid PP. or does he know you so well that knows you are going to bet to try to steal the pot and make you look bad, how about the other guy in the pot, you have any info on him, ever seen him, are you totally forgetting about another player involved in your pot and are only worried about some guy who who only raises with AA or KK. Given the curcumstances that is a pretty nasty flop for your hand. trips is very possible out of either one of them, i would call with JJ with two players in before me if i was (the other guy) You have to make a bet here and hope he doesnt come over you and possibly outplay you with the exact same hand. if he thinks your solid betting into his re raise of your initial raise he is going to give you credit for your bet. if he comes over me on a check raise, i fold, thats just because i dont have any information on the player, assuming he wouldnt do that if he couldnt beat AK.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:30 PM

i dont mind the call. He sounds like a good player. So he could reraise with any range of hands and represent a monster. I think there is a higher probability of a bluff coming from a good player at this game. If it were a lower level, it would be a clear cut fold. But as the game changes at higher stakes, i think calling her is marginal. Really it depends on read. Sometime i'd put in a reraise, sometimes i'd push, other times i'd fold. Again it depends on the read and situation. But i dont mind calling. Bet between 500-700.