Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Awkward AKo UB 10/25 NL (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=320673)

AZK 08-22-2005 08:47 PM

Awkward AKo UB 10/25 NL

Part I

Folded to me in MP/LP and I raise pot with black AK. One unknown caller calls, and a solid (on the tighter side) 2+2 lurker raises pot from blinds. We know each other from before and I think are quite familiar with each others play, I respect his play, I think it might be mutual (maybe?). I call (maybe questionable?), other guy calls. Both me and original caller have 2.5k, Solid covers.

Flop KJ9 2 diamonds (~900ish)

Solid checks...hero?

DOTTT 08-22-2005 08:55 PM

Re: Awkward AKo UB 10/25 NL

Bet $600, if he calls don't put anymore money in this pot.

Edit: Nothing wrong with folding this pre flop. The only hand I see you stand a chance against is QQ.

pofi 08-23-2005 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet $600, if he calls don't put anymore money in this pot.

Edit: Nothing wrong with folding this pre flop. The only hand I see you stand a chance against is QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]
One more hand is AK [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

captZEEbo1 08-23-2005 08:32 PM

fold preflop yo, reason it's awkward is b/c you are only beating a bluff preflop

flawless_victory 08-23-2005 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
reason it's awkward is b/c you are only beating a bluff preflop

[/ QUOTE ]while this is true, its not the reason id fold.... 89 and 66 arent beating anything PF, but id give it a gamble.
BTW/ fold PF against this guy, in this spot, everysingletime.... not even close.

RikaKazak 08-23-2005 08:44 PM

shorthanded, bet flop then be VERY careful, full handed fold pf man. If he does the "sandwhich move" often, then call is fine, but I lean towards folding, (unless tournament move usethen sandwhich d with greater frequency for all so I have to call more frequently)

AZK 08-23-2005 08:56 PM

I wasn't thinking "im only beating a bluff preflop". Afterwards, I was thinking, this is a stupid call, cause we are either tied or he has me crushed, and if he has QQ, I don't get any money in postflop if an A or K hits, so it's just stupid to call.

captZEEbo1 08-23-2005 09:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't thinking "im only beating a bluff preflop". Afterwards, I was thinking, this is a stupid call, cause we are either tied or he has me crushed, and if he has QQ, I don't get any money in postflop if an A or K hits, so it's just stupid to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly, that's what makes ak a fold pf to a rr. When I said only beats a bluff, I'm implying he's not reraising AQ for value with plans to go bust on an A hi flop.

captZEEbo1 08-23-2005 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
reason it's awkward is b/c you are only beating a bluff preflop

[/ QUOTE ]while this is true, its not the reason id fold.... 89 and 66 arent beating anything PF, but id give it a gamble.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get what you're saying, but when you start to put in more than 10% of your stack in preflop, you should be choosing your hands wisely. I know 66 and 98 beats nothing preflop, but usually you don't invest over 10% of your stack to do so...

The reason you call a pot reraise with KK, is because it's ahead of hands that will make a pot reraise, ie QQ or AK.

whitelime 08-24-2005 04:41 AM

I think this is a routine fold PF. Winning a big pot with AKo when you are reraised preflop is extremely difficult.