Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2005, 07:40 PM

Default Re: \"You are pathetic\" (preflop question)

Guys, its not that complicated. You have a 5-way pot and your pot equity is probably somewhere between 15% and 35%. You have at least 20% equity on average.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:43 PM

15 and 35 at least 20 ? in a pot 3bet pot, seems unlikely to me as then you will need to win with single pairs or bluffs.

You are gonna get a straight, flush or 2 pairs+ less than 10% by the river.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You are gonna get a straight, flush or 2 pairs+ less than 10% by the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

This statement is false
Old 08-17-2005, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Total EV for this call: -18.2/100 big bets.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't look through all your math, but this has to be wrong. The math in this post is useless and unnecessary. Maybe that's the EV of this hand if you fold this everytime.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:25 PM

That assumes of course that you will not continu past the flop with less than a draw.

If you calculate it when you play every hand to the river then yes the chance is bigger, but i don't think you play every hand to the river.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Total EV for this call: -18.2/100 big bets.

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't look through all your math, but this has to be wrong. The math in this post is useless and unnecessary. Maybe that's the EV of this hand if you fold this everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

You apparently don't understand the concept of making up an EV deficit, and instead decide that addition and subtraction aren't required when you work fulltime as a concrete mixer.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You apparently don't understand the concept of making up an EV deficit, and instead decide that addition and subtraction aren't required when you work fulltime as a concrete mixer.

[/ QUOTE ]
I figure concrete mixers do some sort of adding. Sorry, I apologize that maybe I don't. Could you please explain?

This is what I understand. I see five people who are going to be in this hand. Most of the time it will cost me 2 more bets to see the flop, sometimes 3. Is my pot equity better than 2 to 13 and/or 3 to 17. I think yes, so I call. Is my thinking oversimplied?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I figure concrete mixers do some sort of adding. Sorry, I apologize that maybe I don't. Could you please explain?

This is what I understand. I see five people who are going to be in this hand. Most of the time it will cost me 2 more bets to see the flop, sometimes 3. Is my pot equity better than 2 to 13 and/or 3 to 17. I think yes, so I call. Is my thinking oversimplied?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is if you're trying to improve your play besides generalized EV estimation when you're going to see similar situations crop up again.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It is if you're trying to improve your play besides generalized EV estimation when you're going to see similar situations crop up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mind laying this out for us, champ?
Old 08-17-2005, 09:06 PM

I truly believe this is a very easy call. It's like limping a hand like 66 and then seeing it raised/3bet 5 way -- there's no way you fold when it comes back, even if they both flip up AA and KK (or some other premium combo) and I know it's getting capped, I'm not folding.

Your implied odds are so gigantic, since it's obvious that these two will go to war, and you either hit the flop or you don't.