Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Wynn 2/5 NL hand reading exercise

UTG+1: 99-AA, AdKd

MP: QQ, AdKd, AdQd, KK (AQ and KK less likely)
definetly NOT a set

Kid: QQ-AA, AdKd
Old 07-05-2005, 09:00 PM

UTG+1 = weak overpair most likely. TT-JJ

MP = QQ or AdKd most likely

Kid = AA or KK most likely
Old 07-05-2005, 09:35 PM

Default Results and my comments

Here is what I thought during the hand.

When UTG+1 raised preflop, I put him on 99-AA, AK, AQ. He raised 5 BB with a short stack, which makes it slightly less likely that he has AA/KK as he would want action with those hands. His flat call of the reraise and flop push confirm no AA/KK. When he pushes the safe flop, it looks like he has TT-QQ or maybe AdKd/AdQd. He almost certainly would check top set on the flop, so 99 is out. With QQ, I think he might go all-in preflop. AdKd/AdQd are unlikely because they only count for 2 combinations of cards. I guessed he had QQ-TT, probably JJ.

MP played his hand strangely. With the preflop action, it's hard to credit him with AA/KK -- more likely a pair 88-QQ or AK/AQ. Suited connectors are unlikely since he called a raise from a short stack. When he called UTG on the flop, I put him on 99, but when he hesitated on the end it became clear he didn't have a set. Jacks he might muck to the first all-in bet. The only hands that made sense to me are AdKd/AdQd or QQ. QQ is more likely, so that was my guess.

The last player is representing AA/KK or AdKd (less likely as he may not reraise this hand). The small reraise before the flop looks like AA to me, as I think KK raises more here. I was surprised that the last player went all in so quickly, as I would have been afraid of running into MP's 99.

When the hands were turned up, I was happy to see JJ/QQ/AA as I had guessed. I thought that both JJ and QQ played poorly. (Then again, I might not have pushed the flop with AA either, so that shows what I know.) The dealer ran out the cards, and AA held up.
Old 07-05-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Results and my comments

i'm surprised that MP would not raise the small stack to try and isolate...make it 50-60...it would certainly be easier for him to get away from his hand once the tightish player with AA reraises preflop

that said, he should also be able to get off his hand on the flop...the tight kid isn't doing this with anything that QQ is ahead of...there is a remote chance of AK, but even that hand has 2 overcards to go with a flush draw
Old 07-06-2005, 12:03 AM

Default Re: Results and my comments

2 out of three ain't bad. And I was just messing around when I said utg had mid sc's anyway lol
Old 07-06-2005, 12:21 AM

UTG - TT, JJ (or worse pairs. This short, who the F knows)
MP1 - MUST have a hand better than 33/22, since UTG isn't deep enough to give this guy odds to call. After everyone is all in, he spend 20 seconds thinking... no way he has 99. I put this guy on QQ or JJ, since he didn't raise PF twice, which he'd finally do after the kid comes in if he has KK or AA.
Kid - AA, KK and MAYBE AKdiamonds, but I don't see him reraising this preflop if he is as you described
Old 07-06-2005, 12:24 AM

Do you see the kid coming over the top with 99 when he knows UTG shorty is likely in for the long haul?
Old 07-06-2005, 12:31 AM

I think UTG+1 has TT or JJ, though i lean toward TT. I think MP has A-10 to AK of diamonds, most likely AJ or AQ. The kid has aces or kings.