Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2005, 02:16 AM

Default Re: A video ad from the GOP

[ QUOTE ]
The thing I like most about this video is how mad it will make democrats despite being an accurate portrayal of were the party is at these days.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. I don't mind the GOP pointing out what the Dems used to be compared to the sad state they are in today. This could backfire big time, and I hope it does. The Dems are quite pathetic and their rhetoric is hypocritical. If they have any smarts at all, they'll wake up and see the truth of this ad. No argument from me here. The GOP's purpose may be mean spirited, but it is true, and I hope it bites them on the ass good and hard.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What is an assertion made all the time by the left? what exactly are you disagreeing with?

[/ QUOTE ]

You said that the left could take extreme right wing comments and say that represents the GOP I responded that the left does exactly that all the time.

[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't criticize them. It doesn't take any quote an put them in to context. If merely plays them and implies these quotes represent the entirety of the Democratic party.

[/ QUOTE ]

The criticisim doesn't have to be verbalized to be obvious. As for the context many of the quotes are even worse when they're put in context and while the quotes may not represent the whole of the democratic party they deffinetly represent were the direction in which the party is moving.

[ QUOTE ]
For the record; I have criticized many of those quotes, particularly those by Dean. I think Dean's being an ass and is on par with Rove for nastiness. For the quotes about 'liars'... for starters, I think its quite evident that there's a lot lies coming out of this administration. Beyond that, I'm cynical enough to think that most of the politicians on all sides are lying. Finally, this is NO different then Bush. In the 2000 Election, the Republicans did nothing but accuse Gore of being a liar pretty much on a daily basis. Both sides do it, but the Republicans are trying to pretend they're above it (and this represents the Democrats) while at the same time, doing the very thing they're being critical of about the Democrats.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the difference with many of these quotes is that they aren't aimed at a specific politician during a campaign Durbin's comments had nothing to do with other politicians they were just a ridiculously stupid statement and Dean refering repeatedly to the republican party being this or that is the stereotyping of millions and millions of people.

[ QUOTE ]
This is another mindless platitude. In the last election, polling showed that most people favored the Democrats on all issues EXCEPT on national security. And now, according to recent polling, most of the country doesn't trust Bush in this area anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

But there was an election and the people had there voice heard and they chose Bush we could argue all day about why but that doesn't changed the fact that the Dems lost and will probably loose again in 06 and 08 if they don't get there act together soon. Also to define someone as being more left then the party used to generally be is not a mindless platitude by any means it's a statement of the were the political opinions of the democrats are going and that's definetly farther to left. If most americans are somewhat centrists then they're moving farther out of the mainstream
Old 06-28-2005, 12:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You said that the left could take extreme right wing comments and say that represents the GOP I responded that the left does exactly that all the time.

[/ QUOTE ] So, you agree. What can be learned by this? Taking 4-5 negative quotes and stringing them together says NOTHING. Its just dirty politics and doesn't bring any legitimate issue to the forefront for debate. Listing ugly quotes by Democrats doesn't in ANY way show that the Democrats are any different then Republicans, for it would be just as easy to show ugly quotes by them.

[ QUOTE ]
The criticisim doesn't have to be verbalized to be obvious. As for the context many of the quotes are even worse when they're put in context and while the quotes may not represent the whole of the democratic party they deffinetly represent were the direction in which the party is moving.

[/ QUOTE ] Sigh. I just gotta put you on ignore. You're logic and substance free posting is just tiresome.

I apologize but the more I read you post the more I see its like trying to discuss politics with a brick wall. Its just not worth it. I feel dumber just having read your responses. especially because there's never any surprises... its the exact same mindless rhetoric I expect. I prefer to focus my energies on your peers who can actually discuss things half away intelligently.

You're just a little too jaxmikian.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:32 PM

Isn't anyone else getting really tired of all this nonsense. Sometimes it seems like both parties are so concerned about beating down the other party that they aren't doing anything about things that matter. All the politicans do is bash the [censored] out of the other party then talk about how the country is divided.

Why can't these grown ass men just learn to work together for God sakes. Or at least keep their ****ing mouths shut to the media.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:34 PM

Yes. Unfortunately, there are many who think party bashing is what politics is about.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:34 PM

You accuse me of just spewing partisan rhetoric but refuse to open your mind even a little bit to the possibility that the dems are moving in the wrong direction. It's ironic that someone so closed-minded could accuse others of being overly partisan so with that I say goodbye and good ridence I hope your nonsensical predetermind liberal stereotypys work well for you in the future but I'll try to have debates with people that are willing to think.
Old 06-28-2005, 04:27 PM

We should put shock collars on every member of congress; the executive branch and the judiciary, then install the “button” in everyone’s home. Whenever they say or do something stupid or petty you can hit the button. Well, I guess they’d all be ashes within the first 20 minutes. Eh, that could be a good thing too [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't expect any partisans to see anything of the sort. Personally, I think Democrats in general offer more pragmatic and positive ideas on most of the major issues; from taking care of the planet, international relations, domestic issues (from civil rights, to consumer protectionism,) etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ideas and sentiments are a dime a dozen. I have yet to hear democrats explain what THEY WOULD DO if they were in charge. Did you see the Howard Dean interview on the Daily Show? Even when pressed, Dean couldn't come up with any policies that the Dems would implement if they were in power - only what they would NOT do.

Will
Old 06-28-2005, 06:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ideas and sentiments are a dime a dozen. I have yet to hear democrats explain what THEY WOULD DO if they were in charge.

[/ QUOTE ] Ummm.. I'm pretty certain I recall Kerry laying out his plan. Yep. I'm sure. It was on his website as well. If the website is still there, you can probably review what he offered.

Currently, the Democrats are the minority and they're not running the show. I'm happy that there's someone objecting to the terrible stuff that goes on.

[ QUOTE ]
Did you see the Howard Dean interview on the Daily Show? Even when pressed, Dean couldn't come up with any policies that the Dems would implement if they were in power - only what they would NOT do.

[/ QUOTE ] I did see it. I thought he avoided talking about anything serious there. I don't really think a 3 minutes Daily Show appearance in a non election year is really significant.