Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-31-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Double Shootout Hand

havent' read the other responses yet but i think this is a fold. not much dead money in the pot and a reraise from the blinds against an utg raise, your equity doesn't seem to be very good here. what range of hands is this? i think possible range of hands include AA/KK/QQ (probably being the most likely), along with AA/KK for the tightest of players and AA/KK/QQ/AK for a more typical opponent. however against any of these ranges your hand isn't in very good shape.

i vote for fold.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:19 AM

Default Re: Double Shootout Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Calling yourself all in when you have 83BB is stupid with anything other than AA or KK or maybe QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stupid is talking about a hand without the proper context. Against certain opponents, folding JJ here is very stupid. This is not neccesarily the case here, but there's nothing stupid about making a significant +EV call if you have the relevant read on your opponent, especially since it's a winner takes all.

[ QUOTE ]
You are basicly saying I want a coin flip or worse b/c I think I cant outplay these people.

I would fold and outplay them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you have a somewhat strange idea of what is "outplaying". Of course you don't want a "coin flip or worse" if that's your read. However, if your read of him is of a real maniac, it's a very easy call, whether you have 83BB or 22BB or 6BB. NOT CALLING in this case, is letting your opponents outplay you, and passing on a very significant egde.

You don't fold simply because you can "outplay" your opponents. You fold becasue you realize you don't have enough overlay here, which is probably the case vs. this particular villain in this spot.