Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2005, 02:57 AM

Default Re: IF you could change one thing what would it be?(Poker related)

[ QUOTE ]
Wish someone told me not to read Ken Warren Teaches Hold'em.

[/ QUOTE ]

isn't ken warren up to $2/$4 online now though?

you + poker = sucks
you + poker + ken warren = $$$$$
Old 05-23-2005, 06:16 AM

I wished I'd read the Building a Bankroll thread quicker than I did........instead of playing for 6 months breaking even......or being slightly up....

I also wished I had done rakeback at the cryptos.....as they are my bread n butter......

I know I have changed 2 things here.....but nevertheless they both grate on me with equal importance !!

vavavoom
Old 05-23-2005, 06:44 AM

I regret playing a slightly modified version of the martingale system in blackjack.

I won 1000 - 1500 $ though, but it was just stupid, 2 times i had to place 500 euros at the table, which equaled pretty much to the rest of my BR, won both times [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
What makes it even worse is that I read the stuff about martingale on wizardsoffodds.com, but refused to understand, and kept playing.

Other regrets; That I dont read more books on poker, I unfortunately find them boring, so therefore I have only read SSH ones and ½-way through TOP, no other books opened

I also regret I use more time in all other forums that HUSH where I am supposed to read...
Old 05-23-2005, 10:14 AM

This is something I had no control over, but I would have liked to have discovered poker earlier.

My big regret is that I didn't get serious about poker earlier. I found myself for a good period of time without a steady job, just doing project work when it came up. At the beginning of this period I was single tabling micro limits.

At some point I was talking to my fiance about my desire to give poker a serious go and she said why don't you do it. We talked about it for a while, because it would involve me playing a lot in the evenings when she really wanted to have "us" time. She said she could be supportive and so I gave it a go.

So I did. I was having some success and moving up limits but I got down to about a month and half or two months of cash in my bank account (not counting my bankroll which would probably have gotten us another three months or so if I canabalized it) when a job almost literally fell in my lap.

I'd moved up to 3/6 by then and was just really figuring out things about multi-tabling and session management and reckon I was probably a couple of months away from knowing whether I could make the poker thing work...and I didn't feel I could justify not taking the job on that basis, not with a family to support.

So I really regret not making the serious go at poker six months sooner than I did.

I really regret it.

*shrug* C'est la vie. Forward is the only way to go in life.

--Zetack
Old 05-24-2005, 10:45 AM

My only current regret is:
Should have brought SSH earlier and im sure ill have moreto add...

Very earlier on in my "Poker career" 0.05/.10 BR $68 moving SLooooowwwlly lol.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:46 AM

I wish I'd looked into rakebacks on party and empire before opening accounts.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:20 AM

I would only play poker with Elisha Cuthbert sitting in my lap.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would only play poker with Elisha Cuthbert sitting in my lap.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can I pick that one too?
Old 05-24-2005, 01:01 PM

I am 28 yrs old and I wish I would have started playing seriously a lot earlier. I always wonder what could have happen if I would have started playing seriously at about 18-20 when I had no responsibilities. That would have gave me 8 years of experience. Now I am just trying to soak everything in like a sponge to try to make up for those years. Oh well. Only one way to go and that is forward.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:08 PM

I had a 5 month stretch where I was playing really well, and the cards were dropping for me. I built my roll from a couple hundred, to $1500, then started playing the 5/10(6max)...was way underolled for that....but had some great success in just a week, was up to $2600......well, you can guess what happenned next.....I suffered a couple of horrific beats, went on tilt, and in the span of 2-3 days, was back down to $300....I learned a lot from that situation, but took my poor decision making pretty hard. Needless to say, I won't make that mistake again. That was b4 I knew about the 300BB rule. I regret either:
1) not pulling some of that $ out, cuz I could use it now, or
2) Not being smarter with that roll, and sticking w/ 2/4, where I'm comfortable, untill I'm ready to move up
Incidently, I think I'd need like 500BB to play comfortably in 5/10 (6max).....that is one swingy ass game....it's like action junkie poker