Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2005, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Challenge

I don't want to risk $999 like the others.

I'll put up $9.99 though.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:22 AM

I think he's too much of a 17yr old to accept any challenge.
Old 05-18-2005, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll challenge anyone to a heads up tournament on pacific for any amount of money under 1,000. Message me, because I am serious

[/ QUOTE ]lol... lets play. $999.99 is cool. maybe we could play a series of $999 freezeouts?
Old 05-18-2005, 03:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll challenge anyone to a heads up tournament on pacific for any amount of money under 1,000. Message me, because I am serious

[/ QUOTE ]

if this turned out to be somebody like el diablo or or mahatma, it would be the greatest hustle ever
Old 05-18-2005, 03:34 AM

Default Re: professional poker

Read less of that other crap and more 2+2 books. These forums are also an excellent resource.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:37 AM

Sounds like one of them, because the I'll play anyone for under $1000 heads up has no relation whatsoever to the first post. It looks like someone trying to set the hook rather lamely. And it's got the cheese factor some of our Poobahs are quite taken with.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:38 AM

Wow. Im amazed at what I just read. A 17- year old kid asks a question about the typical win rate of pros here, and gets flamed incessantly for 'wanting to go pro'. Im pretty sure he didnt mention anything close to thoughts of going pro. Unbelievable. You all may be pretty da*ngood poker players, but you need to learn how to read. I am new here, and was excited about the forum, as it seemed there are many knowledgesble posters who could contribute to my poker learning. I definitely respect the poker insights of many of you, but am not quite impressed about your responses here. I understand the problems and dangers inherent these days associated with the booming poker industry contributing to false delusions of poker grandeur as a definite problem for many, and that's good to be concerned for them and let them know the truth. But i didnt see much genuine concern for this kid's welfare here- just a barrage of insults and disdain b/c the kid asked a frickin question.
For the most part this forum seems pretty cool. Despite the $1000 freezeout humor, though, I think you guys dropped the ball on this one. Blarq may have been the only one with anything moderately insightful to say. Good luck outdrwn.
Old 05-18-2005, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Home games ar the wiffle ball of poker

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, whiffle ball is way too difficult for use in this this analogy.. home games are more like slow pitch softball (with 200 foot fences).
Old 05-18-2005, 08:56 AM

Well, I'm the Cy Young of whiffle ball. I'll throw junk that can make your head spin.

So, that probably means I'll tear up your home game as well. Sweet.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:03 PM

Thanks for reading right sig, and not flaming when you hear "17 year old thinks he's good." Thanks for whoever posted meaningful advice, too bad no one actually posted anything.