Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2005, 11:44 AM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Re: Absolute Poker

[ QUOTE ]
i'm sorry, but hogua why the [censored] would you just tell another tag to come on over and play the tables that youre playing? don't you realize how many good players will probably come on over there now having seen what you posted?

i can't speak about absolute 1/2 6max since i don't play there but over the past month at party 1/2 short a bunch of new tag multitablers have come out of the woodwork and i'm sure it has everything to do with idiots here talking about how soft the games are. why do this?? are you [censored] retarded?? do you enjoy making less $$ per hour and playing in tougher games? jesus!

[/ QUOTE ]

We try to help each other on these forums. There are enough fish to go around, particularly if you're willing to play different types/sizes of games, and play at multiple sites. If you insist on playing only 1/2 shorthanded games on Party skins, you're unnecessarily limiting yourself.

-Mike

P.S. - These things go in cycles; as the TAGs get impatient with the tightness of the games, they tend to look for softer ones elsewhere. Once again, flexibility is key.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm sorry, but hogua why the [censored] would you just tell another tag to come on over and play the tables that youre playing? don't you realize how many good players will probably come on over there now having seen what you posted?

i can't speak about absolute 1/2 6max since i don't play there but over the past month at party 1/2 short a bunch of new tag multitablers have come out of the woodwork and i'm sure it has everything to do with idiots here talking about how soft the games are. why do this?? are you [censored] retarded?? do you enjoy making less $$ per hour and playing in tougher games? jesus!

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I can honestly say, that I have gotten more from these forums than I have given.

If the games suddenly tighten up at Absolute, there are 5 other sites that I have accounts at and at least 3 more that I have been meaning to open accounts.

It is called "game selection".

A good example, is that in January and February PAradise was super soft. IT seems to have tightened up since then. As of now I am playing at sites other than Paradise. I still pop in occasionally to sample the games, when they loosen up again I will set up shop.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:26 PM

it doesn't take much at all for the games to tighten up at absolute-looking at their lobby, they only avg 5-8 open 6-max tables at a time. if only 10-15 new sharks come in this destroys the profitability of that site. let others do the legwork and find profitable games
Old 05-05-2005, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Like many others have already said, I gain a lot from the zoo, and I want to give at least as much as I take.

My ego would love to think that one post from me can drive traffic AP, but I hardly think that would be the case. If that does happen, and hordes of TAG's follow me to AP, then, that would mean that other site just loosened up, and I can go play at Party, etc.

Also, I have another reason for posting. A few days ago, I expressed concern over AP recent delays in processing cash outs. In doing so, I, unintentionally, helped feed the "sky is falling... get your money out of AP before they close up shop" hysteria that hit the zoo.

Like the zoo, AP has been pretty good to me too, and I wanted to undo any damage I may have done to perceptions about AP.

In many ways, AP is player friendly. You can't earn rakeback and bonuses at the same time at too many other sites, and very few sites offer as money free bonus money as AP and allows you to withdraw without loosing unearned bonuses.

As long as conditions don't change, I will continue to tell everyone to play there. If you wouldn't than I wonder what value do you are offer the zoo?

If AP ever fixes their software, I will become one of there biggest cheerleaders here. If that means the games tighten up, so be it.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:19 PM

Oh yeah, I should mention that cashout at AP is easiest I've ever encountered on the net. Last night I cashed out $775 after completing my bonus, and the money appeared in Neteller instantly.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:23 PM

Rakeback+Bonuses+fastcashouts= [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-05-2005, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I should mention that cashout at AP is easiest I've ever encountered on the net

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed
Old 05-05-2005, 01:47 PM

Well, I played at absolute for about 7 months before i started whoring, and I'm not sure I can agree with everything that is being said. First of all, I have read three occurences in the past three days of AP not paying. one person had a bounced check, and his neteller wasn't credited after 72 hours. Another, has been waiting for 4 days for a Firepay cashout. Personally, AP is not that fast at cashing out. Usually takes 36+ hours compared to 6 at Party.

The bonuses are gold mines. Rakeback and constant unexpiring bonuses can't be beat. The software sucks though.

1/2 full ring is pretty tight from my expierence. Average pot somewhere under 8 dollars typically. Plus all the whores coming in isn't going to help that. however, I have had a lot of success at 1/2 6 max, seems to be a lot softer there. 50/1 is real easy though. The room is really really growing, you won't have much trouble finding tables. But all in all said, i would be skeptical signing up for another account, especially considering the cashout problems.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:17 PM

yet ANOTHER low post new reg poster complaining about AP cashout problems, this one going so far as to bring up hearsay "First of all, I have read three occurences".

Funny, it's the new poster with low counts posting about AP cashout problems and the people with larger post counts posting in other threads trying to raise the signal to noise ratio don't have problems. One MORE time: during the "problem" time (and just before and just after) I cashed out (along with more than a couple 2+2ers) in normal time frames.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yet ANOTHER low post new reg poster complaining about AP cashout problems, this one going so far as to bring up hearsay "First of all, I have read three occurences".

Funny, it's the new poster with low counts posting about AP cashout problems and the people with larger post counts posting in other threads trying to raise the signal to noise ratio don't have problems. One MORE time: during the "problem" time (and just before and just after) I cashed out (along with more than a couple 2+2ers) in normal time frames.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I did have problems cashing out during the "problem
period". But I got my cash after calling them. It is a
great site when the games you want are available, I got
tired of looking for the games that best suit me. That
in combination with the software has me on the sidelines
for now. If/when things get 'better', I will be back.

Until then, it's funny watching all these posts.