Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Anything look really bad about my pt stats (other than my win rate?)

[ QUOTE ]
Hi all - thanks for the feedback. I think my vp$ip is skewed from the first 4k hands where I was generally using the loose chart. D5

[/ QUOTE ]

WRONG. Using the SSHE loose chart for 8,000 hands will generally not get you to 22 VPIP, let alone using the loose chart for just half of that period. Your VPIP is higher for another reason.

I use the loose chart with some extra additions here and there and my VPIP is lower than yours.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Anything look really bad about my pt stats (other than my win rate?)

[ QUOTE ]
Here is aggression:

pf .27
flop 1.10
turn 1.83
river .83
total .71

[/ QUOTE ]

I was relatively passive early on, but I was also slightly loose (moreso than you, but not by much). I discovered that simply playing better starting hands will have a big impact on aggression simply because you can be more confident about your hand. You are in a tough situation less often and you will be more likely to know whether probably hold the best hand or not. Also, I've been making a lot more value bets after learning more about hidden outs and about how to count backdoor draws. On the basis of these value bets, I would expect my flop AF to be higher than the others (and this seems to be the norm) but that isn't the case for me. This could be skewed by my first few thousand hands though. I am just starting 1/2 and those hands are in a separate database, so we will see what happens. I'm no expert, but I have been beating the Party .5/1 for 5.5 BB/100 over 8500 hands. I still play slightly too loose pf, IMO, especially in the SB. I think that I am running better than average, although my other stats don't really indicate this as much as my winrate.

In short, I think that focusing on tightening up preflop, looking for value-betting opportunities (some are less obvious than others), and not automatically seeing monsters under the bed will go a long way towards improving your aggression, and ultimately, your win rate.