Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Help me off the ledge.

"Grammer does not make one great!"
Old 03-29-2005, 06:54 PM

The problem with all that is.. you're dealing with a demonstrated lunatic. He might have folded to a larger bet, but I doubt it, because he had a King... A KING! Nothing beats a KING! (except an ace, but you couldn't possibly have one of those betting out for 3 or 4 times the blind).

Nope, with K9, I bet this guy would come along on nearly any bet. If he had any chance to drive him off it would be the flop and even then probably not.

Any betting PF here is for the rest of the tables benefit, So if 2x will drive out the BB. Do it. If it takes 3, do that.

Personally, I like to get it heads up with the loon, and then unless I'm well ahead, I try to keep the remaining betting low. Way I see it, he'll be offering me his money again in a few hands, I don't need to take it all now.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:37 PM

Let me just say that PktAces' posts today are making me REALLY glad there's a tacit agreement not to whine and not to post bad beats...
Old 03-29-2005, 09:15 PM

I do want advice, doh! that is why I posted this on here. Why does anyone post on here if not to gain knowledge or pass it on.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Unwritten rules about posting losing hands

well, I guess, I did not read any unwritten rule about only asking about hands where you get beat when you have the worst of it. Bad beats give me a friggin break. TO me a bad beat is losing to 27 from the big blind or some other ilk.

I posted a hand because I was trying to find out what I should be doing differently that I am not doing now, or affirmation that no, I did play it right.

If you don't like a post that someone makes, here is an idea, DONT RESPOND TO IT AND MOVE ON.

I don't know what agreement there is on posting hands where you lose to an inferior hand or someone gets some kind of draw out on you, when they should have folded or any kind of hand. As stated before, I post to gain insight into how to play a hand differently. Thankfully there are a lot of good players out there that take the time to comment and offer insight, and then there are those of you that don't have any thoughts, so you bash the post. Save everybody the time in having to peruse your mindless comments about the post, till they get to the considerate people that are contributing to the forum.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:57 PM

I think you played it well, and in fact should not have played it any differently. Getting him to fold at any point in this hand is a very bad bad move IMO since you can absolutely trash this table if you double up. You accomplished your mission of isolating the weak player and then getting as many chips in the pot as possible when you stood to be way ahead. I like the weak flop bet just asking for a maniac to come over the top with as little as one overcard. If HE made that bet it would surely be because he called a preflop raise with some powerhouse hand like 64o and now has zero overcards and no draw, but might try to take it down anyway. He then played as though you were as stupid as he apparently is and you punished him for it.

Slim
Old 03-29-2005, 10:16 PM

The only advice you will get from this hand is "Don't get so unlucky". Glad I could help.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:22 PM

Default Re: Unwritten rules about posting losing hands

[ QUOTE ]
well, I guess, I did not read any unwritten rule about only asking about hands where you get beat when you have the worst of it. Bad beats give me a friggin break. TO me a bad beat is losing to 27 from the big blind or some other ilk.

I posted a hand because I was trying to find out what I should be doing differently that I am not doing now, or affirmation that no, I did play it right.

If you don't like a post that someone makes, here is an idea, DONT RESPOND TO IT AND MOVE ON.

I don't know what agreement there is on posting hands where you lose to an inferior hand or someone gets some kind of draw out on you, when they should have folded or any kind of hand. As stated before, I post to gain insight into how to play a hand differently. Thankfully there are a lot of good players out there that take the time to comment and offer insight, and then there are those of you that don't have any thoughts, so you bash the post. Save everybody the time in having to peruse your mindless comments about the post, till they get to the considerate people that are contributing to the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

In that case, I think you should post without the results.
Old 03-29-2005, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Irony at its finest.

Paul
Old 03-29-2005, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Irony at its finest.

Paul

[/ QUOTE ]

I liked this post...ironic indeed...(ok moving on now)