Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2005, 01:32 PM

Default RESULTS

I deliberated for a reasonable amount of time before mucking my straight. PS chick was kind and showed me her hand after I folded, claiming that I made a good fold, and showed her turned set, 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] .

Turns out her hand was around 45% to beat mine, as she had all the spades as outs (not that she could have known this) and the board pairing cards.

Talking with her after the hand she claims she would have called my push on the turn and pushed on any river if I merely called the turn. Not that I actually believe her on these claims, but it seems like I made an alright fold given her supposed unwillingness to muck her cards and my risk aversion. Althought mathematically the correct play was to push the turn given her cards - but as it turned out I only lost $45 on the hand and later watched PS chick lose her entire $800 stack about two hours later to the worst possible boat on the board (she never showed her cards, but the way the action played out, she made at least 1 severe mistake in that hand).

So I gave her too much credit and turned out making a technically incorrect fold, but one I'm willing to live with given I very well could have been drawing dead.

Funny thing is no one at the table believed that I had 57 suited when we were talking about the hand later.

"You would never raise 57 suited for $15!" - entire table

LOL.
Old 03-28-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />

- but as it turned out I only lost $45 on the hand and later watched PS chick lose her entire $800 stack about two hours later to the worst possible boat on the board (she never showed her cards, but the way the action played out, she made at least 1 severe mistake in that hand).

No wonder she busts out when she bets 100$ on a boards like this with only a set!

Thanks for posting this story anyway
Komodo
Old 03-29-2005, 09:08 AM

Default Re: RESULTS

i reiterate what i said earlier, thanks for the results
Old 03-29-2005, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Getting Cute at the Binions No Max NL Game

when she only calls the flop you know she is behind and rules out a flush. when the 3 comes on the turn the best she could have is a staight which doesn't seem likely. She had the best hand she could have for the way she played it. This would have been the ideal time to push as you are the favorite 56 to 44. These are hands you play for. If you can't make that play I suggest you play limit where you don't have to go for your stack in one hand. You can't wait for guarantees.