Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Getting Cute at the Binions No Max NL Game (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=220362)

radioheadfan 03-26-2005 06:49 AM

Getting Cute at the Binions No Max NL Game

1/2 Blinds, No Max Buy In, Binion's, Las Vegas

I'd been playing my regular tight aggro game and decided to mix it up a little on this hand. I had been showing down winning hands and the table respected my play. On to the hand.

Main villian in hand is a girl with pokerstars gear on. She had been playing fairly tight, and hadn't made any real moves or bluffs since she's been at the table.

With a couple of limpers I raise it to $15 (the standard table raise) in the CO with 5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. The two limpers call, and everyone else drops out.

The flop comes down:

4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

The limpers check it to me and and I make a continuation bet of $30. Pokerstars chick calls with $700 behind, other limper drops out. I have $500 left in my stack.

The turn is:

3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

PS chick leads out for $100.

Your action on turn and river play for:

a) complete blank
b) spade
c) board pairing card

radioheadfan 03-26-2005 08:57 PM

Re: Getting Cute at the Binions No Max NL Game

Wow. So no one thinks this is interesting?

bugstud 03-26-2005 09:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. So no one thinks this is interesting?

[/ QUOTE ]

it's interesting, but not easy. I tend to just flatcall here and play poker on the river. Raising lets her off easy if she's behind, and loses more if she's ahead.

etizzle 03-26-2005 09:07 PM

I would raise to 250, and fold if she pushes. I doubt she would push a naked 5 or a set here. If she calls I would bet 125 or so on a river blank, fold if it pairs and she comes out betting, and probably bet the pot if it comes a spade and she checks.

The most interesting aspect would be if she just calls the raise, the river is a spade, and she checks. In this case I would bet big, and hope to fold a small flush, which she may not raise all in on the turn anyhow.

I think its unlikely that she would lead out with just the As.

etizzle 03-26-2005 09:10 PM

I think she has to call the raise with a set or a 5, as long as its not large.

Cornell Fiji 03-26-2005 09:28 PM

I am pretty sure you are drawing dead. I would fold here unless my opponent liked to make moves. This girl does not seem to fit that description and even when she doesnt have the flush she will most likely fire out 250-300 on the river. If you call the turn you have to call the river if it blanks...

I really see no reason to think you are ahead which means that you are drwing dead. If i raised Id fold to a push or any river bet (but I would bet the river if checked to anda blank fell)

I know I am against a set or 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5:spade here sometimes and maybe even A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on a rare occasion but the times I am drawing dead make this a easy for to the stop and go.

-Steve

radioheadfan 03-26-2005 10:41 PM

I think a very important consideration is that no one at the table can put me on a 57. In all of my previous preflop raises, I had shown down pairs and hands like AK & AQ.

She could be trying to value bet her two pair or simply bluffing me off my hand since she may think I have nothing but overcards.

youngin20 03-27-2005 12:57 AM

I would call the 100, fold if another spade hits, but...why are you raising 7.5x BB? I think that raise is too big to begin with. A raise of maybe 5x BB would be better, but you didnt really say how many limpers were in so I could be way off. She may have two pair, but from the stop and go here, i would say...you are probably drawing dead.

radioheadfan 03-27-2005 03:02 AM

The PF raise of $15 was the standard PF raise in that game. A by a "couple" of limpers I meant exactly two limpers.

kagame 03-27-2005 04:55 AM

in medium stakes games i get excessive action on these types of board from sets and two pair.

anytime i sell a straight or flush as a big A flush draw bluff they pay me off.

almost everyone seems to usually put you on that A when youre aggressive.

i think theres room for profit here. especially against a pokerstars type.