Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 02:20 PM

Default Re: results

"if they have any chance of beating your big pocket pair (whether it be a 10 outer or a 1 outer) they are going to the river, especially at commerce..."

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree then, because that's not my experience. Anecdotally, check out J.A. Sucker's results post in his 1-2 thread. Assuming one can't eliminate some of the other players is presuming more than my experience in the games dictates. And, paradoxically, it's often easier when the pots are bigger, since they assume you made the pot bigger with a big hand that they might be drawing dead against.

"All commerce regulars" are not alike.

I fiugured the guy in the small blind probably had something pretty good when he asked you if you wanted him to play.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:38 PM

I see two viable ways of playing this hand. Lead into the PF-raiser on the flop (you are figuring he will raise and this will clean up the table - runner runners fold, overcards maybe) or you are chk/rzing the turn. This really is perfect position and board for that move.

Also, there is no such thing as a pot too big. It can always be bigger especially when you likely have the best hand. I understand the desire to get outs to fold especially when holding the always vulnerable QQ. But, I like the turn chk/rz to get those extra BBs into the pot.

CSC
Old 02-24-2005, 01:40 AM

"there is no such thing as a pot too big. It can always be bigger especially when you likely have the best hand."

There are clearly times when you want an opponent (or opponents) to fold despite the fact that you currently have the best hand.