Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2005, 03:16 AM

Default Re: KQo flop decision

I would be very careful with a check raise here. With 2 unknowns in the hand they could be calling with something like KJ, KT, AXs, etc. In which case many of your outs would be reduced if not dead. Don't over play this hand because you are likely to show it down if a King or Queen pops up and you could be realy up against it especially if someone is in there with AK.

Obviously the best card here would be a black 9 or an Ace in which case you would have the nuts and should jam the pot with a check raise.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:26 AM

Personally? I raise if its only one bet when it gets to me. You have 2 overs, 6 outs to the nuts, and a backdoor flush draw. I lead out this flop and hope UTG raises to protect your hand for you.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:33 AM

I think you should bet. The preflop raiser is loose, and there are definite advantages to getting this headsup against something like AJ or AT. You may not get it heads up but whatever, at worst you have 6 outs, you'll almost always have 8, and 11 or more will often be reasonable.
If you bet and get raised and somebody coldcalls you slowdown.

Also, I generally hate the play of betting into the preflop raiser to get him to raise, but I think in this case it is warranted, as he's frequently going to raise and could definitely clean up some of your outs and protect you against some redraws. I also think this play is much stronger with your hand than with something like a pair of Ts.

-Michael
Old 02-04-2005, 03:43 AM

Check, and call or raise, depending on how many you trap. I'm not too worried of the 3-bet--1.6 doesn't scare me, and your c/r shows strength.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:27 AM

I check w/every intention of raising b/c I think both cold callers are calling this flop. If one of em raises, I'm 3 betting.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:36 AM

I'm changing my answer. I think you should play this one very conservatively and just check-call. I do think, though, that if it gets bet by UTG and raised somewhere down the line, you should threebet.

-Michael
Old 02-04-2005, 05:35 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can win this hand without a showdown, and I don't think you have a huge pot equity, so do you want to c/r?

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't have to be able to win the hand without improving to make jamming a draw the right thing to do.

I estimate 8 outs. Maybe 7. Either way, you're at least even money on bets going in with 3 opponents in the hand. You're better than 3-1 to make your hand by the river.

[ QUOTE ]
What if every goes as planned and you trap the two cold callers, what do you do when the turn bricks?

[/ QUOTE ]

You check call.

b
Old 02-04-2005, 09:28 AM

Bet hoping that UTG will raise (giving the others 5.67:1 to call) and blow the other 2 out of the pot.
Am I close? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2005, 09:36 AM

Check-call. You're on almost a pure draw. You're not going to clean up outs or get the Ah to fold, and your overcard outs are sketchy. Betting out into a raiser reeks of dipshit FPS to me.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:32 PM

Default Results

I decided to check. UTG checked as well, as did the first limper. The second limper bet and I raised. The others folded and the limper called. I eventually made my straight and won the hand.