Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2004, 12:44 PM

Default RESULT

Many thanks to all of you for all your responses.

I have to make a note here that IMO, I would call this hand if the flop were A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and not A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], as there is more chance of some min-raise calling with Ax [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] etc, than with Kx [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] IMO.

Anyway, back to the results:

UTG big stack called the re-raise and flips over A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], and all-in hero flips A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

Naturally with turn comes a heart, but so does the river, making UTG the nut flush.

I think this was a marginal call/fold hand. i don't think the play is particularly weak/tight, as I felt my drawing odds to WIN the hand were very low. However, I do take note on the 'fold' preflop notion [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

For the record, i went on to take 36th out of 561, when I stupidly re-raieed an EP raiser with AJo and ran into KK for the 4th time in half an hour!! But that is a whole other post.

Once again thanks for the comments,

Jon