Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2004, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Eagle in Search of the right questions to ask himself...

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, aggression factor is a fairly useless stat because it mixes tightness with aggression. What you really need to tell us is the stuff in the chart to the left of the aggression factors.

Flop: Raise%, Bet%, Call%, Check%, and Fold%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't thought of it this way.

Thanks for pointing that out.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:38 PM

Default Last Bump to answer StellarWind...

[ QUOTE ]
You told PT not to consider preflop play in your Total Aggression Factor. Right? It's a checkbox at the top of the "More Detail" report.

Anyway, aggression factor is a fairly useless stat because it mixes tightness with aggression. What you really need to tell us is the stuff in the chart to the left of the aggression factors.

Flop: Raise%, Bet%, Call%, Check%, and Fold%.

Same for turn and river. Then I'll make some comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

For clarification, I have not included preflop in my Aggression Factor.

This is my 3/6 & 5/10 full stats. This is over 22,638 hands which is not a ton, but it is all I had before moving to shorthanded. The majority is 3/6 (19,352 hands) and the balance is for 5/10 (only 3,286 hands).

My WtSD is 32.69 and W$SD is 56.49. This was the basis for my thinking that my going to showdown maybe lower than optimal and my W$SD was perhaps higher than optimal.

Anyway these are the numbers behind my Eagleness:

Flop: Raise%=8.02, Bet%=19.47, Call%=16.97, Check%=31.36, and Fold%=24.18, Flop Aggression Factor=1.62

Turn: Raise%=6.41, Bet%=23.25, Call%=19.41, Check%=33.02, and Fold%=17.91, Turn Aggression Factor= 1.53

River: Raise%=5.00, Bet%=27.59, Call%=20.94, Check%=32.84, and Fold%=13.62, River Aggression Factor= 1.56

Total Aggression w/out Preflop = 1.57
Old 11-28-2004, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Last Bump to answer StellarWind...

Keep in mind that I'm throwing out ideas to investigate. It's up to you to look through your hands for confirmation.

Flop action when checked to: Bet 19%, Check 31%

You bet a lot less than I do.

Hypothesis: You are slow to take the initiative in unraised two and three handed pots. It's very hard to make a good hand in this situation. The mathematics of the game favor betting.

Flop action when confronted with a bet: Raise 8%, Call 17%, Fold 24%

Your raise and fold numbers are similar to mine. But my call number is much smaller. It appears that you are check-calling many flops that I would bet.

Hypothesis: You don't attach enough importance to the idea that if it's worth calling, it's probably worth betting. I need a specific reason to check-call.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:24 PM

I find similar results to Stellar, Maxx.

Specifically you Check AND Call a lot more than me, and Bet a lot less too. Just like Stellar mentioned.
Oh and it's on the Turn your Bet/Call numbers are really MUCH lower than mine.
A higher call percentage on the River is OK anyway so even calling stations shouldn't be that far out on that street.

My current Agg. F is just under 2.5, but maybe I'm lagging it up a bit? I noticed MicroBob and "mystery 2+2'er" post similar Agg. F's to you (1.7 and 1.5).

BTW I'm not the greatest believer in the raw Agg. Factor of Poker Tracker either. For one it weighs Bets and Raises equally, which I'm not sure I agree with.
But yeah based on your Bet/Call/Raise etc percentages, you call more and bet less than myself.

But also don't discount the effect of the games you are playing in. If you're playing in more LAP games, like I guess the Party 2/4? As opposed to more aggressive games at higher limits, and on other sites.

But if you want rid of the eagle (lol) then I would most definitely backup Stellar's suggestion of finding more opportunities to Bet, and less to Check/Call, perhaps most of all on the Turn.

What is a typical 2+2'er SS Agg. Factor, Bet/Call/Raise% anyway?
Old 11-28-2004, 08:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
perhaps most of all on the Turn

[/ QUOTE ]
No doubt this is true.

A problem I considered is that all the streets are interrelated. It's hard to "wake up" from passive flop play and become properly aggressive on the turn. The mindset is wrong after you checkcall and it can be genuinely dangerous to become aggressive after admitting weakness.

Fix the flop and the turn should naturally improve. You'll be in the proper posture for aggressive play and everyone has to respect that you've been betting all along.

But probably the turn won't improve enough just by fixing the flop. You will need to work specifically on it and the river.