Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2004, 09:23 PM

Default Re: Look what I made

I got the script email from you and I have a question about how to set it up:
I installed IIS and then installed cold fusion. I set up the data source as PokerTracker and changed that in the .cfm (and also changed to my player ID, 11). In CF I changed the data source to point to ptrack2.mdb (the database I wanted). I start up PP and play like usual and the game time window changes like it normally does, but the script just generates a blank (black) screen and does nothing. I know its running the script because if I look at the source of the generated page then it has all the <html> and <body> stuff set up with large whitespace in the middle for all the tables and stuff which are not there.

Is there a step I forgot?

Thanks tons!
Old 10-20-2004, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got the script email from you and I have a question about how to set it up:
I installed IIS and then installed cold fusion. I set up the data source as PokerTracker and changed that in the .cfm (and also changed to my player ID, 11). In CF I changed the data source to point to ptrack2.mdb (the database I wanted). I start up PP and play like usual and the game time window changes like it normally does, but the script just generates a blank (black) screen and does nothing. I know its running the script because if I look at the source of the generated page then it has all the <html> and <body> stuff set up with large whitespace in the middle for all the tables and stuff which are not there.

[/ QUOTE ]

#CreateODBCDateTime(DateAdd('n', 55, now()))# on line 16 is based on your time zone in comparison to Party (55 is CST minus 5 minutes). Try making it -5, -65 or lower.
Old 10-20-2004, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
#CreateODBCDateTime(DateAdd('n', 55, now()))# on line 16 is based on your time zone in comparison to Party (55 is CST minus 5 minutes). Try making it -5, -65 or lower.

[/ QUOTE ]

For those of you who live in the Eastern time zone, set it to -5. I just got it to work... amazing script! illunious, What do each of the fields represent? How often does the script refresh itself?

A blown away TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2004, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do each of the fields represent?

[/ QUOTE ]

See my original post.

[ QUOTE ]
How often does the script refresh itself?

[/ QUOTE ]

line 3: <META HTTP-EQUIV=REFRESH CONTENT=60>

that is 60 seconds

Glad you got it working. I think you're the first [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2004, 10:19 PM

Ok, almost there thanks for the help so far:
I have the window open and at the top it says "Bay watch" which is the name of the game I am in, woohoo, first step!
But, the problem is now there is an error following it:

Error Occurred While Processing Request
Error Executing Database Query.
Data source not found.

I think I messed up at first because I had my data source be a MS access file and linked it to PTRACK2.MDB. I think created a second datasource, this time an ODBC or whatever its called and called it PTRACK2 (the first was called PokerTracker). Now it has the name of the game with (1m) next to it but nothing else (except that error), any suggestions?
Old 10-20-2004, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have the window open and at the top it says "Bay watch" which is the name of the game I am in, woohoo, first step!

Data source not found.

I think I messed up at first because I had my data source be a MS access file and linked it to PTRACK2.MDB. I think created a second datasource, this time an ODBC or whatever its called and called it PTRACK2 (the first was called PokerTracker). Now it has the name of the game with (1m) next to it but nothing else (except that error), any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm dumb, read through the code and datasource="ptrack3" appears multiple times...changed them all to 2, we'll see if it works now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2004, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Data source not found.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm dumb, read through the code and datasource="ptrack3" appears multiple times...changed them all to 2, we'll see if it works now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wooohoooo, it worked, thanks again!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
And I feel retarded because I'm a CS major (senior) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2004, 10:28 PM

Ok, I dont mean to flood this thread, but this thing is great...I really like it. You asked for suggestions so just a quick one: put their postflop aggression, I like to know how often I can expect a raise from the fishies [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2004, 08:03 PM

I am failing the geek test bad on this one and I don't want to bug our kind auther anymore. Can anyone tell me in none geek terms what this means and how to do it?

--------------------------------------------------
IIS is a webserver, make a shortcut with those lines
to run it.

> IIS is a web server, you can run it with the
> following:
> Target: %SystemRoot%\system32\mmc.exe
> %SystemRoot%\system32\inetsrv\iis.msc /s
> Start In: %HomeDrive%%HomePath%
--------------------------------------

thanks, Steve
Old 10-31-2004, 10:54 PM

How did you get the real time data out of PT?