Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2004, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Any Hand Readers out there? My hand.

thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think your poker logic is pretty confused. First of all, it's dead wrong to elliminate trip fives from consideration simply because it's one bet to you on the flop. Many many (insert many "many"s here) players slowplay trips, right or wrong. This is particularly true of the kinds of players that would actually have limped in with a 5 in the first place.

I agree in general but I felt that these players wasnt going to slowplay with a 5. What I´m trying to say is that this wasnt normal play from my part.

Your turn check-raise does not represent a full house. You are indicating a slowplayed five or overcards that just caught a nine. You are highly unlikely to make four or five loose players fold. two loose players by the way, but highly unlikely anyway as you pointed out. I guess I relied on that they wouldnt call 2 bets cold preflop with connectors in the 4567 range in a limit game.

Folding the nut flush draw to a 3-bet would be quite bad. I agree and I am embarresed.

Your play might have been accidentally correct for other reasons. That hardly even matters. The point is, the way you thought about this hand is wrong. thanks for the feedback. I will review my actions and hopefully become a better player.

Good luck.
Eric

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-27-2004, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you bluffed with the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
This seems unlikely to me. It is possible that he was tied for the best hand with another ace, but I wouldn't consider that a case "bluffing with the best hand", since that phrase to me implies that the bet accomplished nothing and here it would have stole him half the pot. Do you really think the opponent is most likley to have held a pocket pair smaller than fives or overcards that don't contain an ace, especially given his turn call? I admit that something like K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is a possiblity, but is it really the most likely scenario?