Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Any Hand Readers out there? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=128777)

AdamsPappa 09-27-2004 08:44 AM

Any Hand Readers out there?

This is a hand I played at PP (holdem 15-30) a couple of days ago. I would like to believe I am fairly tight-aggressive player but I guess a guy like Mason Malmuth would rank me as "predictable weak tight-aggressive". Oh lord, that really hurts... Anyway, here it goes.

I have been watching about 10 hands from the "rail" and take a open seat in the big blind spot. I fold 10 hands straight. Back in the big blind again. My read of the other players: a couple of loose aggressive player who play to many hand before the flop but play them really well after the flop. The others are tight players.

A middle player(one of the loose-aggr) opens with a raise, cut off calls, button calls(loose-aggr), SB calls , I call in BB.

flop: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Its checked to preflop raiser who bets. Everyone just call.

turn: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Once again checked to preflop raiser who bets. Its called to me and I raise. Preflop raiser fold instantly, cut off fold, button thinks about it and call, SB fold. 2 players remaining.

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Board: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I (BB) bet right out. Button thinks a while and fold.

What cards was I holding?

La Brujita 09-27-2004 09:00 AM

Re: Any Hand Readers out there?

I am just taking a wild guess and guessing Kh7h. I guess you would lead out on the flop with trips right?

roy_miami 09-27-2004 09:09 AM

Flopped a boat or quads?

steveyz 09-27-2004 09:58 AM

Pocket 7s?

JimmyV 09-27-2004 10:05 AM

Why does it matter? Button had K high or maybe A8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], otherwise he'd probably have paid you off.

If you bluffed you probably did so with the best hand. Button certainly didn't fold an overpair and shouldn't be in with a 7.

I'll go out on a limb though and say you had A5. Not that it matters; your opponents played correctly (probably) and if you're a maniac for one hand more power to you.

JimmyV

AviD 09-27-2004 10:06 AM

Luke 09-27-2004 11:16 AM

8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

andyfox 09-27-2004 12:06 PM

5 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

CanKid 09-27-2004 12:21 PM

AA

CheckFold 09-27-2004 01:46 PM

I'm gonna try 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]