Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2005, 01:33 AM

Default Re: QQ mid position, King high flop.

I would definitely bet the turn.

You're ahead enough to be profitable. Vs. random Party player who bet out on flop with this board you are ahead over 50% of the time. Villain may have Ax, Kx, pocket pair or middle pair based upon his betting out on the flop. Protect your hand on the turn is what I think.

No draws and only 1 over card that can fall put you in a good position. The no draws and ragged flop increase the chance that you are up against a King, but definitely not enough of the time to make betting the turn unprofitable especially after a check.

You have a strong chance of having the best hand on the flop. Turn and river: only one over card can fall that isn't down already, the A. Don't let Villain get a free draw to that bet the turn. Then it's up to you fold to a c/r or call the c/r and fold river unimproved.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:47 AM

I think this was played well. Although i would strongly consider foldin on the flop here. But believe u made the next best play by raising it. Betting a pp of 8's by villain probably just wanted to see where he was at. raising on the flop was good to see where u were at. (even getting out stuff like KJ or weaker possibly)

Though i cant help but think that with all those cold callers and the limp under the gun that a king has to be out there. I think long term in this situation it is out and folding on the flop is correct. When someone bets out UTG on the flop into that field with eights is ridicolous IMO. I think the villain has to fold when he doesnt make that set.

Ud be folding a better hand to UTG but if he bets into a field like this regularly i think hes losing money himself.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:01 AM

Ud be folding a better hand to UTG but if he bets into a field like this regularly i think hes losing money himself.

I just hate for him to be losing money, if he isn't losing it to me [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2005, 02:15 AM

Default Re: Results.

[ QUOTE ]
who said that I needed to put in another bet on some street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did; however, the more I look at this hand...I don't know. I keep flip-flopping when I look at it...call me John Kerry or whatever.

My problem is that if you are planning just to get to showdown without getting more value for your hand, I think you need to fold the flop. With this in mind, I think it's a turn bet... Check behind on the river if he calls for the reasons that you stated.

That's where I'm at with it. The flop doesn't make sense with the way you played the rest of the hand.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:11 AM

That's where I'm at with it. The flop doesn't make sense with the way you played the rest of the hand.

I agree, but I am not sure that I played the flop right, but once I'm there, I think I need to get more value if I'm ahead.
Old 06-18-2005, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I agree, but I am not sure that I played the flop right, but once I'm there, I think I need to get more value if I'm ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not telling you anything new....but that flop play is EXTREMELY read sensitive, and I think without a good read on the opponent, that's a good place to fold with players behind you.