Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2002, 07:25 AM

Default Re: 5 bets on the flop, what do you put him on?

The only thing that made sense to me as I read your post was 8c9c. He thinks you merely have top pair, so he thinks he's ahead of you on the flop.

I think you have to put him on that. If I had 8c9c, I might have taken it as high as 6 bets, because I'm not likely to put you on AA, and I am ahead of AK or anything similar. And I'm only 3:2 behind AA or another set.

But this is a maniac--still, I think you have to put him on the club draw and check-call the river. You might draw a bluff if he has nothing.
Old 12-15-2002, 12:21 PM

Haven't looked at the other (many) responses yet. In the last two months, I have been involved with three capped pots on the flop, all of them I have held the underset, all 10-20, so my first inclination is TT. It does seem very possible that he has a suited K,Q,or J with the 10 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] and is looking for a free card with his second raise plus now with you putting in 5 bets he knows that hitting his kicker or T is no good because you almost certainly have AA. In the heat of the hand I would have put him on TT and fired a bet on the river, but now it seems more likely (if he is a very agressive player) that he has clubs so check and call the river
Old 12-15-2002, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Unlimited as soon as the 3rd player folds

david,

i believe the los angeles (and I believe las vegas) way described below is most refined (it was designed by Bob Ciaffone). Essentially, the pot is capped and stays capped as long as the cap is reached when three players are active, even if one player subsequently folds.

regards,

rick
Old 12-15-2002, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Unlimited as soon as the 3rd player folds

Rick,

So (with a 5-bet cap):

Player A 4-bets. Player B caps. Player C folds. At this point, with the rules you described, Player A can't 6-bet here, correct?

Where I play, even in this scenario, it becomes unlimited raises between Player A and B when C folds.
Old 12-16-2002, 03:09 PM

Amazingly I had the same situation this weekend, SB A-A flop a set and this piece of crap drew out on me runner runner. It sucked hard but you have to bet the river, with all that raising how do you put him on a draw??? [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]