Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2005, 03:39 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: incident at a bar

[ QUOTE ]
Sandals starts getting upset, bitching about how stupid and unfair this policy is. He is yelling and screaming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, this always looks sexy and turns on all the women within earshot. Sounds like a whiny bitch. Why make a big scene that makes everyone he's with look kinda bad?

If I was driving, I'd have been tempted to let him walk home while I go in the bar.

b
Old 10-10-2005, 03:48 AM

I don't have any experience here but it sounds like the kind of thing that might be fixed by a $20 bill.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:58 AM

Your friend. Sandals on guys are gay. Tell your douchebag pal that he is a total [censored] and did not get even close to what he deserved.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sandals on guys are gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have ANY idea of just how many guys wear sandals?
Old 10-10-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sandals on guys are gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Roughly 10%?
Old 10-10-2005, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sandals on guys are gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Roughly 10%?

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a rhetorical question, but sure. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-10-2005, 04:21 AM

Pretty much every club in Montreal doesn't allow sandals/hats.

Many don't allow 'baggy pants' or tennis shoes.
Old 10-10-2005, 04:25 AM

Sandals and jogging pants are for slobs
Old 10-10-2005, 04:45 AM

YOur whole group is retarded for not making sure everyone fits the dress code for the place you are going.
Old 10-10-2005, 05:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what kind of bar this was but most bars I go to, I would be kind of pissed to run into douche bags wearing sandals on a saturday night.

[/ QUOTE ]

The very idea of giving a [censored] about something like this makes my head start to hurt.

My standards of dress exist solely to please other people, because sometimes they care, and I never do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. Agreed fully. I can't believe the silly elitism of some of the people responding.

Granted, I don't nor will I ever wear sandals, but that's not the point. Also, it's certainly not the doorman's fault - I'm sure he's just doing what he's told - he doesn't implement the policies, I'm sure that he only enforces them. I suppose had you planned to go for a night on the town that might include such bars, your friend should have prepared - I know I've "dressed up" to accomodate for whatever vanity level the bar patrons need to have around them in order to feel like it's "worth their money".

The real problem here is that you and your friends haven't realized the irony that bars with dress codes always attract people whose definition of "partying" is just spreading their own vanity instead of being personable. Seriously, anytime I go to a bar, there's a distinct correlation - the more the cover and the stricter the dress code, the more "MTV JAMZ" the music is and the more retarded the average patron is. Well - I have been to some cool jazz clubs - so let me edit that to any bar with a dress code mostly populated by twenty-somethings. People who are looking to "be seen" go to these types of bars, people who are looking to have fun go to bars without a dress code. I have no problem with dressing up or having one's own style - I certainly have my own - but I don't like the idea that "your style must be X level" - if you can be stylish with sandals, go for it! I've seen many people rock chuck taylors and look far better than people in armani suits. The idea that you have to be some sort of "level" in order to do something as primal as get drunk and try and get laid is absurd.

So in summation, your friend should thank the bouncer for saving him the astronomical amounts of money that he would have paid for drinks at that bar in order to have less fun than a bar full of less shallow people. And if the girls went in without you guys, he should also thank the bouncer for exposing what twats the girls are.

You're welcome.