Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2005, 01:40 AM

Default Re: noninteresting hand similiar to the bottom pair one

i don't really understand it. why do most people like calling down the turn raise?
Old 10-19-2005, 02:37 AM

from my experience, 20/14/2.4 types are not your average twoplustwoers. they are fearless and very aggressive. they put you to the test postflop and dont have to have you beat to raise the turn. as a new player at this limit he hasnt seen me in the game. he might think im a lower limit tag taking a shot (of course i am) and put a move on me hoping the money affects my decision. of course, i dont know how the flow of 50/100 usually goes so its hard for me to tell how tricky the opponents are.

if i had a player who is used to playing in the 50/100 tell me that the turn needs to be folded i would assume hes right, but its hard for me and you to determine the frequency of his bluffs since were not used to this level.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:31 AM

Its fine I'm folding any A or Q river though.

Against overagros I'd sometimes just check/call check/call expecting them to bet the turn most times with A high or a draw/low pair.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
from my experience, 20/14/2.4 types are not your average twoplustwoers. they are fearless and very aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait. the typical 2+2 aggro factor is like 2.5, and that's with a vpip of 25-29. this guy has a smaller aggro factor than us AND plays tighter. plus, his pfr is 4 or 5 ticks lower than the average around here. if anything, he's more passive/timid than the typical 2er.

i don't see what i'm missing.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
from my experience, 20/14/2.4 types are not your average twoplustwoers. they are fearless and very aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait. the typical 2+2 aggro factor is like 2.5, and that's with a vpip of 25-29. this guy has a smaller aggro factor than us AND plays tighter. plus, his pfr is 4 or 5 ticks lower than the average around here. if anything, he's more passive/timid than the typical 2er.

i don't see what i'm missing.

edit - uh, are those stats from full ring? if so then nevermind all i said, but your posting it in HUSH let me assume this was short.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:39 AM

Party Poker 50/100 Hold'em (8 handed)
Old 10-19-2005, 03:40 AM

yeah but i know he normally plays short so i geuss i thought his numbers would be from short.

what happened to helpmeoutI?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:42 AM

yah the stats are full ring as you say. even if this game was only 4 handed or something it doesnt mean his stats are all from short. this is over a large amount of datamined hands. its not like PP spreads 50/100 6max or something. also, this is a shorthanded situation so i wanted to post it here. although, i suppose you dont see CO posters in 6max as often as you would in full games so it might be considered a full ring situation.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:43 AM

i normally play full, but i play alot of shorthanded. my PT databases says i have 6.7 players on average at my tables. i post shorthanded hands in this forum because posting full ring 15/30 hands in ss or midhigh is silly.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i normally play full, but i play alot of shorthanded. my PT databases says i have 6.7 players on average at my tables. i post shorthanded hands in this forum because posting full ring 15/30 hands in ss or midhigh is silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

alright then a call down seems good to me.