Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2004, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Raise and fold to the 3-bet 5/10 SH

[ QUOTE ]
I was literally playing a little wacko for a couple of rounds to get in the head of the LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a clear case of tunnel vision. You still have 5 opponents to deal with. There are a ton of better opportunities to "get into the LAGs head" (a concept that doesn't often work anyways, since the LAG may or may not have a semblence of a brain in the first place). In any other position than UTG, you have the opportunity to make it 3bets against this guy, and often times, it will be an open raise with which you get to play.

Let's say you got what you wanted...it was folded to the BB (and he called or 3bet). Now what? Now you have K high on 2/3rds of the flops against a guy who not going to give up postflop without at least putting in a couple bets. Other times you get middle pair and it'd take a lot of guts to maximize value here.

Concerning call of the 3bet: There are 39 combinations of these hands, and you're only in terrible shape against 9 of these combinations...if you really feel he would only bet this range of hands. Furthermore, it's terrible for your image to do this. You're entire strategy is setting yourself up to get played back at by a LAG and apparently a few players that aren't stupid (evidence being that they are tight). In a situation like yours, it's best to just sit back, open up your iso-raising requirements a little bit, and try to lay low.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:40 PM

fold preflop....if u raised and he 3-bet, you have 6.5:1 odds, u must call. he could be 3-betting with 88.

cheers!
Old 06-17-2004, 09:20 AM

What if I'm 90% sure that any pair below 99 is out of the question? I should dump it, right?
Old 06-17-2004, 09:22 AM

I am gratefully humbled by the negative response to me raising K9o UTG. I promise to sin no more.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:34 AM

Argh! Be humbled by folding it for 1 bet after getting reraised. That was terrible getting 1:6.5.

Regards
Old 06-17-2004, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

5/10 SH table, 6 handed. Table has at least one very LAG, in the BB and I'm getting a little out of line. Rest of table is pretty tight, and letting me often get heads-up with the LAG. I'm UTG with K9o. Player to my immediate left is ultra-tight and 3-bets. Folded back to me. I fold. Comments on the raise and the fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

bad, bad.

folding K9o would be top choice.

Kenny
Old 06-17-2004, 05:43 PM

Ya Ikke, exactly.
-James