Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2004, 04:05 PM

Default Re: 3/6 Hand for Review

I don't like the raise on the flop because you say that the pre-flop raiser and flop bettor is a solid player. He is likely to 3-bet you and bet into you again on the turn. If he were passive, it might be worth raising to try to buy a free (cheap) card.

Raising the turn is a bit much in my opinion. You do you 12 outs, but you don't wan't to pay too much to draw here.

Perhaps you made a few misteps here, but you don't deserve the scorn your opponent is giving you. It would have been perfectly correct for you to call the flop and call the turn. Had you played it that way, he would still be calling you a fish, but he would be wrong.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:11 PM

I hope you played it this way just to put him on tilt.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:19 PM

Do you guys really think the preflop was horrible? Particularly if you think you'll get more coldcallers behind on a loosey goosey table? I just call the flop though and let the others in for when I catch my gutshot on the turn.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:21 PM

Pre-flop: an easy fold in this situation.

Flop: you have somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 outs (10 if you honestly think 8s and 9s are outs). I guess you can theoretically do the flop raise for a free card. Personally I think that your draw is too bad to bother.

Turn: you have no pair, an inside straight draw and a flush draw. You're about 3:1 against making a hand and you just got three-bet pre-flop. check-call.

River: praise the poker gods, stack your chips, and try to realize that you should never play a hand like that again.
Old 05-25-2004, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't five way action enough for 98s from the button?

[/ QUOTE ]
Not IMO when there was a raise. When there wasn't I even call 67 but not after a raise I think it's a clear fold.

Guido
Old 05-25-2004, 06:14 PM

I am not sure i would have raised the turn. What if youre 3 bet ? It could end up an expensive draw. You are not the one protecting a hand here you want to come along cheaply on the turn.