Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2004, 05:00 PM

Default Re: 20-40 with Bruce Lee and Jet Li

why not yell out "i have six-fo! Three bets!"? This might in some weird way prevent a cap from a better hand. . .
Old 05-10-2004, 05:29 PM

Because lying for profit is unethical.
Old 05-10-2004, 05:45 PM

hi gamblor
fold. you aren't getting correct odds to hold onto this one. the risk of getting trapped is too great and since both of these opponents can put you on something like an over-pair, but don't mind your call, you're almost always trailing here. it's tough to fold AA, however it's too expensive to hold AA in this spot.

well, i'm editing here because i've just read the threads and everyone is recommending you at least call or three-bet. no. that's wrong. these two opponents are way too likely to four-bet or trap you again on the river where once again you will face this same dilemma. there's a nagging feeling that many of those recommending you hang on here are doing so in hope of the board pairing. and once you call the turn, it will be very difficult not to call the river as well, even if you do not close the action with a call. furthermore, this board could have easily hit these opponents powerfully. these wild types thrive under the conditions you describe and on precisely this type board. it's their territory, not yours. and you're getting sucked in, not forced out. the UTG is the likely leader here, betting it straight out no bluffing. that's what you're into here. no question about this one gamblor. this is a clear fold. do not take the bait.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:04 PM

Elysium, are you giving someone credit for 2 pair on a 2358 board or are you conceding a set? Other than not having any aces in it, this board is about all you can ask for from the dealer when you hold AA.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you being serious or joking here?
Old 05-10-2004, 06:22 PM

Isn't that what a bluff is?
Old 05-10-2004, 06:30 PM

I thought it was a joke... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
I laughed. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

FsuPlayer
Old 05-10-2004, 06:43 PM

Well you have to at least call. If you 3 bet the turn you may knock out the original bettor and you have to ask yourself whether or not you want to do that. Of course if your opponent will all two cold with a thin draw by all means raise. You're going to the showdown no matter what. This raise on the turn looks like a manuever to knock you out to me.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:18 PM

Default Results and thoughts

I called two cold on the turn, YHC 3-bet and Mister Lee capped it.

I folded for two more bets.

2 to the river (19.75 BB): (2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]) T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

YHC check-called the river.

YHC showed 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Mister Lee showed 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for the flopped nut straight.

IMO, the mistake was on the turn - I had a very tight table image (mainly due to getting no face cards for an hour) - when I three-bet the flop, they both know I have a big pocket pair, and they're betting into me.

Are they hoping I three bet so they can keep betting? Or are they trying to push me off? What kind of things should I have in mind before I call that turn raise?

It seems to be a reraise or fold situation. I had the feeling I was beat on the turn. Unfortunately, I was beat on the flop [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

Is this a good spot to reraise and hope for a free showdown? Or is the risk of a cap with these two too great?