Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2004, 04:59 PM

Default I disagree

I don't think Choice Poker's limited traffic right now is cause for concern. Many players like myself have been lured to other sites for the past few weeks because of all the reload offers. Once this reload bonanza ends, however, I imagine other players like me will return to Choice Poker because of the rake rebate and other factors.

Choice Poker certainly isn't perfect, but I like the site a lot. Here's my take on the pros and cons.

Pros
1) Charter member program is awesome
2) Innovative software features like no cap on river raises in heads-up pots and anti rat-holing measures
3) Generous pirks/bonuses like freerolls and high-hand bonus
4) Bonuses don't take long to clear
5) Tight/weak shorthanded games
6) Only site that offers mixed games tourneys that I know of
7) They take player input seriously
8) Most players are friendly and they know not to berate players worse than them

Cons
1) Small traffic, not many games above 1/2
2) Aesthetically ugly (yellow & green with orange trim... I'm not joking)
3) I find it difficult to determine bet sizes in big-bet games
4) When the blinds fold it makes the same sound effect as when a player enters the pot (which can be confusing if you're playing two tables)
5) Cashouts take a couple days longer than most sites
6) CS seems a bit overwhelmed at times, but they're still better than average
Old 02-25-2004, 05:01 PM

Default Re: Choicepoker will probably close down in near future

I think this is precisely why other representatives from other poker rooms have expressed to me there reasoning for not attempting to have open dialog with players on this forum.

Strangely Mike O'Malley seems to think otherwise, the site he represents gets around 15000 players, and you get 10.

The Gaming Club took harsh critisism here, but are in the process of using that to improve their site.

NightorDay also posted here, but unfortunately a dialog involves a two way debate in an open manner and this particular site refused to compromise in any way, they didn't do very well.

True Poker have always listened on this forum, but they took a real pounding due to a tournament fiasco, and for now are not posting.
I believe they have still done okay from listening here.

We are your customers, we are not your only customers, but we are certainly in the top bracket of most informed customers.
You don't have to give much, or even anything away to get good feedback here, but you do need to be able to accept constructive critisism for what it is.

If people get overly harsh, that is because they have 180 different front ends to choose from, some of which will listen to the players.

Lori

Old 02-25-2004, 05:04 PM

Default Re: I disagree

I agree with most of your evaluation of Choice, Lunchmeat, I enjoy the site too. I'm playing off some other bonuses before I get back to it. However, I wouldn't say I can at all agree with #4, that Bonuses don't take long to clear. I think that one of the main drawbacks right now is how incredibly long it takes to clear out the bonuses.

A friend of mine joined, and talked with CS about how long it would take. They gave him some incorrect information, and when he called them on it later, they cleared his entire bonus (even though he had only cleared ~5% on his own). So CS is working, but that hasn't helped me, I still have a lot of bonus to work off.

matt
Old 02-25-2004, 05:05 PM

Lori,

I think you know we welcome feedback and have tried to use some of the feedback we have gotten. And more changes are on the way.

If you can help us find constructive criticism in the original posters comments, we will be more than happy to listen.

You are correct, many sites do have representatives here and thats great. But from much feedback I have gotten, I believe that number could be a lot greater.

Regards,

Jon Comer
Old 02-25-2004, 05:09 PM

Pokeraddict,

I apologize. There is a player on the site with the Pokeraddict user name that I was told had spoken to customer support on this matter. If you would like to speak further feel free to PM me.

As for the chip dumping, it is much more elaborate than stolen credit cards unfortunately. If you would like to know the details I'd be more than happy to explain them to you one on one. I would really rather not give anyone else out there any great ideas on the subject matter.

Regards,

Jon
Old 02-25-2004, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker is probably going to close down sooner than later also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sooner than what? Sooner than the country of France? Sooner than the next coming of Jesus? Sooner than WWIII? I do not think Party is in much danger of closing their doors. In case you haven't noticed that the worse their customer service becomes the more people who play there. Now if their support improves to a great degree then we may have cause for consern. Of course the likelihood of this occurring isn't high enough to cause any worry at all. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 05:29 PM

Choice your speaking out in the forum takes bravery, especially with how the thread started. I understand why you would not want to explain the chip dumping and honestly i dont want to know so noone can accuse me of knowing how to do it. Maybe I will peak my head in the doors again sometime there when my vibe is better. I certainly encourage you to keep visiting and posting. There are more good ideas then bad people here.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:39 AM

I agree with your bonus clearing thought. The bonuses feel more like anchors then bonuses. The way they calculate "participation" make it very hard to clear the bonuses especially with all the short handed games - so many hands are won before the flop that very few hands are raked.

I'm trying to support the site, but everytime I go by there I'm lucky to find a half table game. Even that wouldn't suckk so much, but half of the players lag so bad that it takes forever to get even short-handed hands in.
Old 02-27-2004, 10:47 AM

It took me only 5 or 6 hours to clear the bonus playing 1/2 shorthanded. They changed the requirements to 500 raked hands (which includes any hand that was raked). The bonus info that shows up in the cashier window is the old bonus. If you've been playing there alot, ask customer service how many raked hands you've played. If it's more than 500 they'll manually credit the bonus to your account.
Old 02-27-2004, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We originally did have a 48 hour cashout policy. We later changed it to 96 hours due to several players who were caught chip dumping on heads up tables. This was changed after the loss of thousands of dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is naivety of your site and this in turn punishes the honest players.

I cant imagine that it can be that hard or take 4 days to determine whether the funds to be cashed out are legitimately earned.

John