Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2004, 12:18 AM

Default Re: TruePoker Replay Tourney: A Proposal

My vote for the fairest solution would be to take the $1760 and divide it up in the same ratio as stack sizes at the break…………..
Old 02-17-2004, 12:26 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

The issue we faced was that, although we could likely reconstruct where players stood, we had no way to re-assign each remaining player a proper number of chips to simply re-start a tournament part way through. (Ironically, except for a human error in trying to fix the frozen tourney issue on the spot, the original tourney could have been re0started immediately. We have taken steps to brief everyone here on what went wrong and the simple steps to recover and restart a stopped toruney, should such a thing recur.)

i am not wholly understanding, you can get the chip amounts each player had, but you don't have the ability to start a tournament with those stack sizes? i think that is what you are saying, if not, i think that would be the most equitable solution.
Old 02-17-2004, 12:36 AM

I kinda watched the whole tourney from the sidelines after failing to register in time, for various reasons. Doh!!

True comped me the 20 entry anyway, without me entering. I assume it's not been deducted from my account (or I will be concerned).

So, since Mr Trueman has offered this rerun etc compromise, which I think is generous enough all-round, I will offer up my comped 22 as two $11 bounties, but only for the 5th to 7th place players from the first botched tourney. Of those 4 players, the two that take the most scalps in the rerun tourney, will get $11 each from me. Any teams scalps; just the biggest two numbers, doesn't matter who you scalp. Just since I have no real claim to the $22.

So, give me the names of the four players. I have Lori as one of them. Who are the other 3 of you?

dogs
Old 02-17-2004, 01:38 AM

I agree!
Old 02-17-2004, 01:46 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i wasn't involved in this, but going by stack size seems the only good way.
Old 02-17-2004, 09:14 AM

David.

I have been steadfast in my opinion that steps could be taken to give a fair and equitable solution to the problem. I think that you came close with your proposal. However, the problem lies in the distribution of the prize money.

Notwithstanding the skills of the 4 remaining players after the break as they are all fine players, there was little that anyone could do but be forced to go all in on crapshoot after crapshoot. The cards fell toward those players and frankly no skill was involved. I am probably in the minority here as no one seems to want to raise the ire of these players and I hope they really understand what I am saying. After the break there essentially was no more tournament. A much more equitable solution would be to award the prize pool of $1760 based upon chip counts at the break.

You are correct in that your inattentiveness did result in a "pillory" of your company. Would that not be expected? The perception of the players was that nothing was being done. Obviously you have taken the first steps in correcting that perception and we thank you.

I am also glad to hear that steps have been taken internally to avert such problems in the future. I simply took your statement to mean that it was a training issue and that has been addressed. Again, thank you.

These are just my opinions and I am sure that many will disagree with me. After all, I am a simple person and therefore not too bright [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2004, 09:46 AM

Looks fair, but who the hell am I [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].

I think in the new tourney TrueCeo should be required to play with a $123.45 bounty on his head.

Old 02-17-2004, 10:17 AM

Default the four original \"winners\" ???

I could live with almost all of this proposal save paying the four winners extra $$. We could have just had a lotto to pick four at random because the way it went did not at all reflect anything other than pure luck.

I would have been fine with proportional distribution of funds according to chip counts before the screw-up, and still would be, even tho this might result in my getting less than $40.

al
Old 02-17-2004, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
David.

Notwithstanding the skills of the 4 remaining players after the break as they are all fine players, there was little that anyone could do but be forced to go all in on crapshoot after crapshoot. The cards fell toward those players and frankly no skill was involved. I am probably in the minority here as no one seems to want to raise the ire of these players and I hope they really understand what I am saying. After the break there essentially was no more tournament. A much more equitable solution would be to award the prize pool of $1760 based upon chip counts at the break.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably right about being in the minority on this, but, I'm right there with you.

It seems obvious that "work" of forming the leaderboard and chipcount at the break (which I have been repeatedly asking for) is too much strain on the limited resources of True. While I don't like the $40 per player deal, I gave up on True actually exerting themselves. I'm a firm believe that in negotiation(s) a person can only eliminate one possible option per turn. True seems to have eliminated the "chip count" right off the bat. My perception is "well we couldn't restart the tourney at the chipcount" so why take it simply to do the payout (too much work). I accept that concession even though in principle I am with you. That's all it is a concession.

And lets be honest. I want to get this thing over and paid out before the next tourney. Who knows if TrueCEO will even respond once or twice before Jan 26th? We can't afford (time) another negotiation at the rate of 1 communciation per 2 week span.

Also, I read another person's post, "all 4 of the winners thought they were at the last table and had won the tournament". If that's really true (pun) that had to SUCK. They deserve something, I guess, even though it was 'bingo'. Call it 'emotional compensation' or something [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2004, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think in the new tourney TrueCeo should be required to play with a $123.45 bounty on his head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, come on MR. CEO. let us have a shot at you, it will be FUN, you know it will [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]