Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2004, 09:20 PM

Default Re: Mid-High Stakes Preflop Questionaire!

[ QUOTE ]
12. see 11, but probably b

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a definite b.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:37 PM

Yes, absolutely. I just read it again, and for some reason i thought the 3-bet came from the sb and I was the bb. don't ask why, drink bud dry, or something. . . .
Old 02-06-2004, 10:04 PM

I just read Hand 1:

With the exception of 99, your TT is either a small favorite or a huge dog against the good player. There are 36 combinations that you are in big trouble against. 64 that you are a small favorite, and 6 that you are a big favorite.

If you re-raise with TT, you are relying on your position and skill to outplay your opponent. Outplaying includes folding the hand if you think you are beat. Sadly, my play has been so poor lately, I don't think I can manage this. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] So I fold, since an ace is coming on the damn river anyways...

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 10:44 PM

Default Easy-to-read answers

1. Average game. Utg opens for a raise. He's a good player with reasonable EP open raising standards: AA-99,AK,AQ,AJ,KQ. It gets folded to you in MP and you find yourself holding TT. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

3-bet. You don't mind being heads-up with position against a probable two overcards.

2. Same question as above only this time you hold the AQs. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

3-bet (with AQ offsuit, too) if he will raise with KQ and AJ offsuit. This makes it 2-1 in favor of you having him dominated, rather than the other way around.

3. Loose/passive game. Two weak players limp in from EP. Folded to you in the CO holding 97s. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) raise

Close between calling and folding. One more limper and it's a clear call.

4. Same question as above only this time you hold QTo. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) raise

Fold. This one isn't close.

5. Tight game with one loose cannon. It seems players on LC's left are striving to isolate him whenever they get the chance. Loose cannon open raises in EP. Next player, a tightish smart opponent, 3-bets. Folded around to you in LP holding 99. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

Cap it. 99 3-handed with position against likely subpar hands? I like my chances.

6. Average game. Tight player raises in EP and gets one coldcall in MP. Folded to you on the Button holding KQs. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

Since someone has cold-called in front of me, I cold-call, too.

7. Very loose uber aggressive game with a couple drunks. Most pots contended 4-6 ways for 3 bets, capped 50% of the time. You hold KJs utg. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) raise

Fold. Not close.

8. Same game as above. A raise and reraise by two wild EP players and two MP callers. You find yourself in the CO holding 99. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise/cap

Close between cold-calling and folding. This may be one hell of a pot...

9. Average game. Tight player raises utg(large pair,big ace). Folded around to you in the BB. You hold AJs. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

How tight is tight? If he's as tight as me, folding is probably correct. Against most players I call.

10. Same question as above only this time you hold 88. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

Call. Easier than the AJs question.

11. Loose game with moderate aggression. Two poor players on your immediate right have been battling it out all night, raising each other at every opportunity. It gets folded to the first of the two PP's in the CO and he raises. The other PP on the Button 3-bets. You're in the SB holding ATs. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise/cap

A wild game question. It's going to get capped, so do you want to pay 3.5 bets preflop, in poor position, with ATs? Fold.

12. Same question as above only this time you hold 66. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise/cap

Fold.

13. Tight/tough game. You're desperately waiting to get a seat in another but are grinding it out here for now. Tight old man(TOM) open raises in EP. The player next to him, who surely knows how tight the TOM is, makes it 3 bets. Folded around to you in LP holding AKs. Your move? Sidenote: you're playing at Bellagio where there is a 5-bet cap.

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

Two good, tight players have raised? You have to be able to find the fold here.

14. Reasonably good game. Folded around to the Button who makes the almost manditory steal-raise. You're in the SB
holding 54s and can see that the BB is waiting to fold. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

Depends on how often this guy's been stealing. If I think he's been doing it with any two, I call with the intention of restealing later. May be wise to wait for a better hand, though.

15. Juicy loose/aggressive game. Wild EP player open raises and gets two coldcallers and a reraise in MP. As one of the LP players tosses in his cards, a Queen is exposed face up for all to see. You are on the Button holding QQ. Your move? sidenote: you're playing at Bellagio where there is a 5-bet cap.

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

A better player may be able to find the fold here, but I say screw it and 4-bet.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:13 PM

Default my mistake nate.

hi nate
my mistake nate. that's right reraise of course. i was thinking in terms of whether or not to play it and i was just focused on that. of course you reraise. sorry for the error.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:18 PM

Only 24 combos that beat TT, not 36...too tired to post. I guess I'll go play. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2004, 11:54 PM

Default my answers

Next time, use the poll format.

Here I go:

1. c
2. a
3. c
4. b (very clear cut)
5. b
6. b
7. a
8. b
9. a
10. b
11. b
12. c
13. b
14. b
15. b
Old 02-07-2004, 01:27 AM

1. B)fold.
2. B)fold.
3. A)limp.
4. B)fold.
5. B)fold.
6. B)fold.
7. B)fold.
8) A)call, if the action is as wild postflop.
9) depends on his postflop play. If he's weak/tight, I'll either 3-bet, or call and then bet the flop. If he's typical postflop or competent, I fold.
10) Again, depends on his postflop skills and tendencies.
11) B)fold.
12) B)fold.
13) B)fold.
14) B)fold.
15) ehhhh...usually, I'd cap, but I'm not so sure with the exposed Q. I supposed I'd still cap though.

GoT
Old 02-07-2004, 04:02 AM

Cool. A quiz. Like I need more tests in my life.

1. C (re-raise), even though I know I should do B most of the time.
2. B (fold), sometimes C.
3. A (call).
4. A (call).
5. B (fold).
6. B (fold).
7. B (fold).
8. Toughest question for me so far. I think it's between A and B, with folding being preferable.
9. B (fold).
10. A (call).
11. B (fold).
12. B (fold).
13. B (fold).
14. B (fold).
15. Ugh. Ugh. I doubt I'd have the control to fold, but I'm pretty sure I should fold this here. Yeah, I fold. (B)

-Diplomat
Old 02-07-2004, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Average game. Utg opens for a raise. He's a good player with reasonable EP open raising standards: AA-99,AK,AQ,AJ,KQ. It gets folded to you in MP and you find yourself holding TT. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

no question I personally fold...for the record i usually choose the play (if its close) with the lowest st.dev (but only if ev doesn't change too much)

2. Same question as above only this time you hold the AQs. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

i still dont like my chances. i fold most if not all the time

3. Loose/passive game. Two weak players limp in from EP. Folded to you in the CO holding 97s. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) raise

if weak on all streets then easy call

4. Same question as above only this time you hold QTo. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) raise

same as above.

5. Tight game with one loose cannon. It seems players on LC's left are striving to isolate him whenever they get the chance. Loose cannon open raises in EP. Next player, a tightish smart opponent, 3-bets. Folded around to you in LP holding 99. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

YUUUUK, possible 4 overcards not to mention overpairs...i'm gone, fold!

6. Average game. Tight player raises in EP and gets one coldcall in MP. Folded to you on the Button holding KQs. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

not hard: tight player= FOLD!

7. Very loose uber aggressive game with a couple drunks. Most pots contended 4-6 ways for 3 bets, capped 50% of the time. You hold KJs utg. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) raise

FOLD FOLD FOLD!

8. Same game as above. A raise and reraise by two wild EP players and two MP callers. You find yourself in the CO holding 99. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise/cap

FOLD! i mean seriously...who wants to be in guessers paradise?

9. Average game. Tight player raises utg(large pair,big ace). Folded around to you in the BB. You hold AJs. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

again fold. unless i know he's tight and a weak player. then i call.

10. Same question as above only this time you hold 88. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

now we have a definate call. heads up if he hits it when we do CHA CHING plus easy fold on flop w/ overcards. win a lot, lose 1sb

11. Loose game with moderate aggression. Two poor players on your immediate right have been battling it out all night, raising each other at every opportunity. It gets folded to the first of the two PP's in the CO and he raises. The other PP on the Button 3-bets. You're in the SB holding ATs. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise/cap

good god man. fold!

12. Same question as above only this time you hold 66. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise/cap

this one thrives on implied odds. i hereby imply theres a good chance for 4 bets. BUH BYE!

13. Tight/tough game. You're desperately waiting to get a seat in another but are grinding it out here for now. Tight old man(TOM) open raises in EP. The player next to him, who surely knows how tight the TOM is, makes it 3 bets. Folded around to you in LP holding AKs. Your move? Sidenote: you're playing at Bellagio where there is a 5-bet cap.

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

wow. hmmmmm...this is a head scracher...do you really wanna pay 5 bets to see the flop (almost certain since TOM and guy who knows TOM will be goin at it...especially with you're "dead money" in there. i might actually have to fold this one. i'd be in constant danger i'd feel no matter what hit unless the 9:1 i hit the flush draw, but EVEN then, how happy are you paying all that $$ to draw when you might not get paid off.

14. Reasonably good game. Folded around to the Button who makes the almost manditory steal-raise. You're in the SB holding 54s and can see that the BB is waiting to fold. Your move?

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

ho hum...fold.

15. Juicy loose/aggressive game. Wild EP player open raises and gets two coldcallers and a reraise in MP. As one of the LP players tosses in his cards, a Queen is exposed face up for all to see. You are on the Button holding QQ. Your move? sidenote: you're playing at Bellagio where there is a 5-bet cap.

A) call
B) fold
C) reraise

this is the PITS!!! i think if i saw that i may have to poop in my pants [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] and fold to go clean myself off.
Well, I hope you enjoyed filling out the questionaire. I'm sure there will be some discussion on a few of the trickier hands but I think most are pretty straightforward. Thanks for your time.

-Barron

Pipedream

[/ QUOTE ]