Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2003, 03:56 PM

Default Re: NLH Tourney Hand Analysis - AQo in first postition

Didnt DB say he knew that cards dont rush, but the other players perception of you does, and thats why he presses after a win? Its been a while since I read SS but I thought he covered his bases with some logic.

As far as this hand goes, fold the AQ PF.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:07 PM

I had the same experience in a tourney last night--raise with AK, AQ, and small pairs in early position, only to face a relatively massive re-raise. 5 times this happened to me. I folded every time with little hesitation, but man was I pissed. I like DaNoob's advice to my problem--limp and fold to a big bet or really put the screws to them with a large bet of your own. I also like the idea of raising less, but I think that might invite the large steal raises that I was facing. I probably bet T-8000 only to have to lay down to the re-raise. Huge frustration.
Old 10-01-2003, 04:26 PM

With 150 people left and 23 getting the prize, I'm tempted to muck AQo UTG even though I only have 12.5x BB left in my stack. I'd hate to even raise to 1800 and face a reraise.

Once you do make the raise and it comes back to you, you're getting over 3-1 from the pot, so you pretty much have to call.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didnt DB say he knew that cards dont rush, but the other players perception of you does, and thats why he presses after a win? Its been a while since I read SS but I thought he covered his bases with some logic.

As far as this hand goes, fold the AQ PF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I don't know if you've read something else he's written but in "Super System" he's very clear about it. He writes some true bull, something like this:

-I know scientists say that rushes don't exist, but hey, I've won more $ in tournaments than they've made in a lifetime.

Incredibly stupid and ignorant in my opinion...
Old 10-01-2003, 08:09 PM

I personally would have either raised it 3x bb or limped and folded to action.

If I were short stacked I would consider an all in there but not with all the chips that you had.

As you did it's an easy fold to all of that action.

Question though, you said that the 10 hit on the river giving the guy with the 10's the pot. You ought to be happy you let that go...he would have rivered you with the boat

Old 10-01-2003, 09:55 PM

You found it....I was wondering if someone would notice that, because it took about 3 more hands for me to actually realize I would have lost. Yes, I would have lost anyway, but the flop was sooooo burned in to my brain that mentally I thought I should have won. I almost convinced myself I would have won. It was really wierd for me. I was mad that I did not take the gamble, saw the flop and was insane, and even though I would have lost, the damage had been done and I played like an idiot the rest of the way.

As I stated before, I have learned my lesson.

Spoody