Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: A re-raise with AK re-raised, easy call with the pot odds right?

[ QUOTE ]
I think re-raising with AK OOP is fine and I do this with a lot worse hands as long as I know my opponents are not complete retards

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats precisely when you shouldn't do it :P If you're up against an opponent who isn't a retard, you're likely to just be losing money
Old 11-22-2005, 10:09 PM

OOP, with AKo its hard not to get broke on a A-high K-high flop, and youre not getting any action anyways unless he has AA/KK on those flops

if you were twice as deep and you were suited there can be an argument for a call but not here

re-raise OOP is ok but against aggro players i like a flat call
Old 11-22-2005, 10:29 PM

Ok, I'll make myself a bit more clear. I wouldn't re-raise against a rock who only raises the 5% premium hands. Something like 10% PFR is preferable and then I need to make sure he won't call me down with any pocketpair or any piece of the flop. I also want my table image to be relatively tight so that people give my continuation bets at least some credit.

Against loose-passive players the typical reaction is to call with any hand they raised pre-flop and then fold on the flop if they don't hit trips or a set. A TAG might often fold a better hand than I have pre-flop and if I do get called I'm going to know how to adjust and play post flop poker according to his handrange.

The point I'm trying to make is that people give way too much credit for pre-flop 3-bet, and I want to take advantage of that and maybe get my real big hands payed off later in the session.
Old 11-23-2005, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is an easy fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]