Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 03:32 AM

Default Re: 64 suited

So this is an automuck for you preflop? And you fold the flop with the open ended getting 2:1 on the immidiate call? Im dunno, i thought you need to do this stuff from time to time to mix it up.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm... is it good? u called about 4x bb with 6/4, almost full pot bet on flop with the draw, and hit the draw.

looks optimal to me

[/ QUOTE ]

SHHHH.
nh ggb.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:58 AM

anyone that is not a complete donkey is not calling this river bet at all with an overpair.

your push is only being called in one non-donkey circumstance:
that villain has been going off with TT, realized you flopped a set , and then tries to get retarded tricky with a river checkraise knowing you are going to value bet.

and that is much less likely than what is going to be the situation most of the time.

when you call his big turn bet he is going "GOD IM EFFING BEAT" and not going to be putting any more chips in the pot. i doubt even 1k more.

i think this may be a spot where i force my opponent into making a crying call when he knows he is crushed.

villain has ~1600 behind on the river.
if you push, and he calls 15% of the time you are gaining +$240 in value.

if you bet 600 and he calls 80% of the time you are gaining +$480
-----

the numbers are a bit skewed, but i think they illustrate my point nicely that you need to be making a smaller bet with a higher likely % to be called in this hand.

particularly with no reads. if the player has shown a propensity to make big (dumb) river calls then that can move the call frequency high enough to the point the big bet is preferable.

----

as fsu stated, the play is nicer if there is an obvious big draw out there that bricks out. because his calling % is going to be much higher than on this dry board.

-----

i bet small here, and laugh as villain cannot help but make the crying call and i know i just worked him for the most value possible.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
anyone that is not a complete donkey is not calling this river bet at all with an overpair.

your push is only being called in one non-donkey circumstance:
that villain has been going off with TT, realized you flopped a set , and then tries to get retarded tricky with a river checkraise knowing you are going to value bet.

and that is much less likely than what is going to be the situation most of the time.

when you call his big turn bet he is going "GOD IM EFFING BEAT" and not going to be putting any more chips in the pot. i doubt even 1k more.

i think this may be a spot where i force my opponent into making a crying call when he knows he is crushed.

villain has ~1600 behind on the river.
if you push, and he calls 15% of the time you are gaining +$240 in value.

if you bet 600 and he calls 80% of the time you are gaining +$480
-----

the numbers are a bit skewed, but i think they illustrate my point nicely that you need to be making a smaller bet with a higher likely % to be called in this hand.

particularly with no reads. if the player has shown a propensity to make big (dumb) river calls then that can move the call frequency high enough to the point the big bet is preferable.

----

as fsu stated, the play is nicer if there is an obvious big draw out there that bricks out. because his calling % is going to be much higher than on this dry board.

-----

i bet small here, and laugh as villain cannot help but make the crying call and i know i just worked him for the most value possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

So ANYTIME that you check this river in villain's spot your folding? Where do you play? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

EDIT: you never bluff in ggb's spot w/ 67?
Old 11-12-2005, 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i like this push much better with a missed flush draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean that hero should push if he had a missed flush draw? Or that he should push with a straight if the flop had a flush draw that didnt get there? Thanks
Old 11-12-2005, 07:21 AM

I fold preflop, call the flop, raise the turn a little, and shove the rest on the river.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

This is almost a clear mistake in the party 2k game. The amount of money you can win with hands like this if you have the right aggression postflop makes this an autocall for me, and sometimes I might raise it.

-Jason
Old 11-12-2005, 09:30 AM

I am in El Diablo camp on every street here.
If I were in your spot on the river (failing to raise the turn) I would push as you did.

Best wishes
Old 11-12-2005, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

This is almost a clear mistake in the party 2k game. The amount of money you can win with hands like this if you have the right aggression postflop makes this an autocall for me, and sometimes I might raise it.

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I fold preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

-Jason

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree somewhat. In my experience you are thinking about the times you hit gorgeous flops, not the 15 times in a row you didn't hit even the smallest piece of the board.

However, that's not to say I don't call here.