Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Quick flop question

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The river is tough. If we miss but no overcards hit, I think check-calling the river is viable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can you please explain why check calling the river is correct? Assuming you cred the flop and he three bet.
Or if he just called the flop cr but still bet the turn and river.

[/ QUOTE ]

The river play depends HUGELY on the rest of the action. My basic point is that there are a variety of scenarios where villain will have a big, no pair hand (basically AK) with a heart that will bet the turn and the river.

The basic idea is that if the pot gets heads-up and no [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] comes, and no A or K hits either, we have the best hand a reasonable enough amount of the time against an aggro opponent that we might want to see a showdown. We also have a hand that is pretty unlikely to get called by a worse hand (I'd generally rather induce a bluff from AK than hope it calls a value bet).

That's my only point. River depends so much on the rest of the action it's really hard to say. If the pot remains three-handed, especially if a face card or A hits, I no longer feel like going to showdown most of the time.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:16 PM

Default Re: Quick flop question

Rico,

I'd call. I can't see folding with this pot and the combination of the chance of being ahead and chance you're drawing live to the flush. But since button isn't likely betting an AK with no heart on the flop, I don't think it's worth the raise just to hopefully knock out CO. I'd very likely check/call the turn as well...and if HU bet any river card except a non-heart A/K...if 3-way check/fold the river unimproved.

Chief